Which Spacer

DieselJake

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Ordered a couple sets of hubcentric spacers from the bay and MADE SURE they were right, now they've came it appears they have different hubcentric lip thingys!?

image_4.jpg

image_3.jpg

Just wondering if they're both fine or one needs to go back. (Yes I'm aware I could just try them on but I'd like an answer before fitting encase one set needs to go back, also why one set is still in the bag)

Last edited:
Is the difference not just because one set is thinner than the other?

No idea man could be something, first was thinner and has that big extra metal thing just worried about fitment.

Got mine from Mitec in Tamworth dude £45 each pair fitted perfect. Send yours back if you're not sure.

Would of done that myself if I knew they were that much in Telford :crying: anyone know which is right or both.

Just to clarify....

You ordered two pairs of spacers? One pair look different to the other pair?

Are they both the same thickness? ie two pairs of 8mm spacers?

The 10mm spacers will always have a different lip to the 15mm spacer I think, it's hard to put into words.... but if you think about the lip on the hub around the centre cap, it will always be reduced when you fit a spacer up until about 8/10mm - then when you start fitting larger spacers they will come with the lip on them, and thus 15mm spacers will come with a bigger lip than 10mm spacers (which might not come with a lip at all)...

Not sure if that makes sense.

The 10mm one has a bigger lip though :think: 15mm doesn't really seem to have one, surely this would make the 10mm's appear bigger.

£30 for 10mm and £37 for 15mm (then £47 for 16 45mm bolts and 4 45mm locking wheel nuts) would of rather paid to know they've got it right and fitted especially seeing as I work in Telford.

I could have saved a bit too but I think buying the complete kit from a single source is better on the mind. Have you fitted them yet?

Not yet just putting them off as I'm not sure and don't want to send open products back, plus I might just fit them when when I go to put the bigger brakes on to do them all at once.

Just thought I'd update encase anyone uses this as a reference and say all fitted fine, lip was as James suggested, still find it strange that the front had a bigger lip (well I think it did, didn't really check the rear).

This is revenge for asking for pictures of your wheels isn't it haha will get some up when she's had a wash but hard to tell much difference.

Reactions: S4_dan