Turbo inlet pipe for s-line (190bhp)

kenny_boon

Reaction score
Hi all,

just wondering who has updated to what?

Star performance do an OCT pipe at £525

and awesome gti do Neuspeed intake pipe, cheaper(cant get onto their webpage)

any reviews or advice?

I've got an Oettinger alloy inlet.

There wasn't much choice around last year but now you've got at least 3 or 4.

I've seen the OCT cast one and would choose it over the Oettinger one, it's better made and the breather pipes are in the right places. It looks just like a cast alloy rubber one - if that makes sense?!

I'm sure SimonTT will be along soon with pic's of his Neuspeed/Samco one - again looks good and is quite a bit cheaper too - Got to be the one to go for.

Oettinger reckon 6-8 BHP increase for the pipe - Jim and Stars dyno agreed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Bub was right - here I am /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah I have the Neuspeed Xtreme one. Seems very good on my car. However there is a velocity adapter that screws onto the K03 or K04 and uses 2 existing tapped holes in the body of the turbo. So you would need to check whether the eliminator has these holes.

See here for my thread with pictures:

Xtreme TIP Thread

So Kenny - are you going to be the first on the forum to fit the eliminator? At Star? If you do I'd love to be taken for a spin to see what it's like - please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Simon

if i do go for it it wont be until june ish i think. but if i am ill take you a spin no probs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i better check re the TIP, thanks

I had the standard one and it collapsed - so I guess it's borderline for a remap but probably no use for an eliminator that will be sucking that much harder than a K03.

Kenny - will defo take you up on going for the spin if you get it fitted. Please keep us all informed on progressing this. Cheers mate.

Can i ask how can you tell when the hose is collapsing?

Just so i can keep an eye for if this happens to mine.

Kenny i would love to see your car after you get the eliminator as i may get one of these in a year or so.

Cheers.

[ QUOTE ]
Kenny - will defo take you up on going for the spin if you get it fitted. Please keep us all informed on progressing this. Cheers mate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here! Here! Kenny, let us know how it goes!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Kenny, why don't you go for the ATP inlet pipe ? ATP Inlet Pipe

It's got to be worth asking Jim if he can get it for you.....

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

good spot, jim recomended the OCT one, but at $525 is expensive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Can i ask how can you tell when the hose is collapsing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Engine power comes on/off at high revs in high gears (4th, 5th) with wide open throttle. The pipe collapses hence blocking air into the engine, hence limited exhaust flow, hence turbo spools down, sucks less and the vacuum in the TIP reduces, uncollapsing the pipe, turbo then spools up again and the cycle starts again. Not pleasant and pretty noticeable if it happens!!

A quick mod internally to the OE pipe using springy lengths of stainless steel fixed it (not as dodgy as it sounds, honest /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif). So although I didn't see the pipe collapse, I'm sure this was the issue.

God maybe that is what is up with my car!!

I still have not had it mapped yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Will get it done in a couple of months though, but may try this.

It has been RR'd and was 161bhp at the wheels with the K04 on the K03s map.

Cheers.