And so it begins!

ruffrida

Reaction score
Hi All,
As a few of you know I used to own a 8L but this did not end well!

It has took me a while but I am finally back in a German whip and loving it, she is a 2003 03 1.9tdi quattro sport avant, 160k with full history, cloth sports interior with a few factory extras, dog guard, rear windows blinds, and front centre arm rest.

Made a few subtle changes this weekend;

Wind deflectors,new air filter, zenon side&main bulbs and led number plate bulbs, and a de-badge.(excluding the quattro badge lol)

Bits sat on me kitchen table;
New clutch and flywheel (been fitted tomorrow )
-30 springs (been fitted next weekend )
Audisport stickers (not had the time to fit them)

Bits still on route with postie;
19" RS6 wheels
De-cat pipe

Wish list; (can't even think about this lot till after me wedding,lol)
Awesome GTI re-map
Full discount with cruise
Parking sensors / reversing camera (depends if I change the headunit )
Windows re-tinted (got 2 which have lines across)
Full stainless exhaust

I hope you like her, she will be pampered more than the Mrs,lol

Well me wheels have arrived;

As you can see they have come (not as described on ebay) with 2 different size tyres on, 215's & 235's, the 215's are knackered, both inner edges ripped to bits.
Dont know why, and a stupid thing to say but they look like they wont fit, the stud set up looks smaller then mine, will have to check that out, is the any numbers on the inner wheel that could help me??

Oh dear look what i found, that wont be takin many rims of with that, DAMN !!!!

Ya cant quite see but i have also upgraded the bulbs to zenon whites, got me fogs just need to work out how to get to em !!

Model Year PCD Offset Bore

A4 95 on 5×112 35 to 45 57.1

Best way to find out if they fit is to try one! But got a feeling the bora is a different PCD to the a4 but could be wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: ruffrida
Model Year PCD Offset Bore

A4 95 on 5×112 35 to 45 57.1

Best way to find out if they fit is to try one! But got a feeling the bora is a different PCD to the a4 but could be wrong.

No worries fella, will do, goin be fun with that locking nut though!!

Well good luck to you,hope you can get them off. I have in the past hammered a impact socket on to one but that the last resort.

Boras have a 5 x 100 PCD........same as a Mk4 Golf. My last car was a GT TDi Mk4 Golf, and put 'Bora Sport' alloys on that. They will not fit a B6 A4 which is as above 5 x 112.....

Been looking at the adapters, not a bad shout that, i have mine on fleebay so if they dont sell that is me next option!!

Right give up on the RS6 5x100s, and got me self a nice set of (well the need a light refurb) BBS LM 19x8.5's all in black, pics to follow once fitted, as one has a slight crack in so been welded.

Another little job done this weekend, EGR Delete pipe, always a bit of a pig job, no room and very messy due to a minging EGR leaking all over everything, anyway all was well until the test drive, no brakes and no boost!!
NO PANIC - as we all know with these german whips vacum is a major thing, popped bonnet 1 quick look and could see that when i had taken the pipe of the anti-shudder valve it had pulled of the other end aswel, popped back on, and hey presto she flies, real nice power all the way through the revs.

Just springs, decat and rims on then i can start on me wish list lol.

Had a play in the rain last night, they do need a slight refurb but can't work out what to do, might just go the normal polished edges, does like fat with these on though, lol!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra
Car looks really tidy Adam, see the go faster stickers are not on yet though, lol. :) x

Thanks for that pic, that was right choice of sticker. Photos may have been removed if you have deleted them from your photobucket, or you habe changed themprivacy setting on there Adam. :) x

Thanks for that pic, that was right choice of sticker. Photos may have been removed if you have deleted them from your photobucket, or you habe changed themprivacy setting on there Adam. :) x

Yeh they look cool against the dark glass.
Nope not deleted or changed any settings, will have a look, cheers

looking good pal,
some black rails would set it of nicely :yum: hahaa oj

looking good pal,
some black rails would set it of nicely :yum: hahaa oj

nice 1 lad,having a riht debate with me self at moment, wheels need a re-furb so was goin to head down the polished route to match the rails, then me mate mentioned changing the rails to black last night, aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhh, lol.
Think i will defo be staying with the chrome though, like a bit of bling lol

they were the first thing i changed on mine after wheels and the front grill but i have a personal hatered of chrome i cant stand the stuff lol,
you getting the bbs ones from the pic in the middle re-furbed?

Hhahah, its like marmite, love it or hate it!!

Yeh i put em on the other night to see what they look like and to get a better feel of what to do with em really, they are just mat black at the moment, so open to ideas, ****** Pem tyres want £450 just to paint them silver, no thanks !! My mate said i can have any desing for around £30 a wheel, happy days !!

Snap! :D

Car looks nice!

What size tyres are you running? Mine are 235/35/19 and yours look slightly lower profile?

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 678
pem tyres are dear pal always have been always will be i guess lol, i use wheel quick on enfield street or dp tyres near jct 25 fo m6, i got my wheels powder coated and re-furbed ect at dp cost me £200 i think lol does a good job aswell,

Snap! :D

Car looks nice!

What size tyres are you running? Mine are 235/35/19 and yours look slightly lower profile?

WOW nick, they look nice them, cant go for all 1 color, are they brushed chrome?

Nope same as you bud 235/35/19's the fronts are knackered, but the rears are brand new

I go them off my friend who had the on a Mk5 Golf.

I think they would class as brushed centers with polished lip, but tbh at the moment there isn't much difference. I need to spend a few hours polishing them up to make them shiiine!

Are yours legit BBS or reps?

Yeah reps here too.

When you have them refurb'd, let me know what they do with the plastic fake screws.
When my friend had them done, he said he cant do anything with them as they are plastic.

I've looked online and the only option is to drill them out. The problem is finding replacements.
I'm not sure if these actually have threads on them (as they wont un-screw) or if they are studs that pop out, which also doesn't happen lol

Never even thought of that. With it been 1 of me mates doing them,it's 1of them "leave em with me" lol. But Yeh will let you know how he gets on

Well i went to do me springs this weekend, and had a barrel of problems!
Firstly i discovered these on the front;

These also have the springs to match, so didnt want to take quality of and replace with un-known, also dont know if they are just standard sports ???

The rears are just Monroe shocks (pretty new) but couldnt see nothing on the springs! So they didnt get done, only due to the snapped bolt in my strut leg, and not having me tourqe sockets with me i could take the hub of, not like i really wanted to anyway with not having new bearings to press in!