Is this a big Job

tonybolony

Reaction score
So before this Car i have a B5 Bi Turbo, which i blew up and was able to replace the Turbos by myself, so i am not shy of a big job, and i coped well. But now i have picked up a 4.2 V8 Beast that has issues, and again am no shy of getting my hands dirty.

My question is is this a bigger job than the turbo replacement on my B5?

The Issue with this S4 B6 is it will run for 15 mins, then it dies, i have the Report, naturally a garage quoted me stupid money.

Can someone tell me what is the issu, what it entails, and will i be able to do it? , many thanks in advance

IMG 13131IMG 13141IMG 13151

You need to decipher those fault codes, and then establish what is wrong with it.

Category:Fault Codes - Ross-Tech Wiki

Whether it is a "bigger" job than turbo replacement on a B5 is hugely subjective, least of all dependent on your interpretation of "bigger"...

Reactions: Furkz
Depends on what needs doing i was always told that on the bi turbo it was engine out to do the turbos?

Depends on what needs doing i was always told that on the bi turbo it was engine out to do the turbos?

yeah it was an engine out on the B5 i have :)

as for the question on how the B6 runs, it seems to run ok for that 15 mins, i am wondering if its the tensioners?

Crankshaft sensor? I've heard of these failing when they get hot and work again when cold. We currently have this on a Transit at work and my dad had it on an older Saab, Vauxhalls suffer too.

just to revive this, as i have been away, so as i said start it up and its running , and did so for about 10 mins, until i switched it off, however i hear a really funny noise in the engine? almost lke a tapping as if something is lose anybody help with this, have the tensioners gone maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
0:04 suggests your S4 has eaten a dog.

... sorry I'm useless when it comes to problem solving.

Multiple missfires indicates that the chains are stretched or the tensioners are gone. How does it sounds when starting from cold ? It's a engine out job to do the tensioners in the s4 + parts are not cheap either !

That was it starting from cold, that's how it sounds. is it really an engine out job? i had to do that with my B5 that was a bind