quantum part synthetic engine oil for my car ?

boytrigg

Reaction score
went into audi the day and asked for 5 litres of engine oil for my a4 diesel and the guy gave me some quantum part synthetic oil 10w to 40 just wondering is this the right stuff for my car 2002 a4 1.9 tdi quattro last time i bought oil for my 130 engine is was recommend for the pd range and dosent say on this one that it is just wondering if any one can point me in the right direction

Everytime i get my serviceables from TPS i get givin quantum platinum 5w40 full synthetic and at £19 for 5 litres it is very well priced

Reactions: boytrigg
Dont put that in your PD engine it is not designed for it he as sold you quantum synta 10w40 he should of sold you quantum platinum 5w40 it as to conform to vw spec 505.1 for pd engines take it back and teach him is job

yeh i thought that soon as he gave me it was wrong but as he worked in audi i thought he would no better than me thankfully i never put in the car il take it back the morro and tell him straight haha cheers for that yendall24

There's a pic of the bottle it dose say 505.1 on it

sound sound il take it back tomorrow
if you really want to treat your car get your money back and buy some castrol edge 5w40 turbo diesel with FST especially designed for the vw audi pd engine . the pd is not the quietest of engines but this oil reduces the noise levels a tad

This happened to me at my local audi too.
Thought it was cheap,then realised at home it was PART synthetic,went back and got refund.
As above,castrol edge but im on w5 30

Hey young Trigg, get yerself across the road to VW and buy the proper stuff a lot cheaper than at Audi !

if you really want to treat your car get your money back and buy some castrol edge 5w40 turbo diesel with FST especially designed for the vw audi pd engine . the pd is not the quietest of engines but this oil reduces the noise levels a tad

Just looking around for oil for my avf engined a4, ecp has this castrol edge fo £34 after discount code, but its only 4 litres, from what I can see in my a4 booklet it takes 4.2 litres?...
That would start getting expensive if needing to buy a 1 litre too.

I also came across Quantum Longlife III 5W30 Fully Synthetic Oil 5L - AZGB115QLB00501

Depending on delivery costs that seems ok, my local vw dealer quoted me £56 for longlife & £36 for platinum.

I called a local tps and they won't sell to public!!.... Damn

I like cooking small children and animals.

(What a difference a little punctuation makes!)

Reactions: mattyb6
Just a quick note, there is strictly speaking no such thing as "semi-synthetic" oil. It's standard mineral oil with additives. Fully synthetic is always the best way to go.