AllGermanParts

WeeHector

Reaction score
Just a quick post to recommend AllGermanParts to anybody after parts and stuff for their cars. I ordered a full Lemforder suspension arm set at about noon yesterday and it was delivered at half one this afternoon. The service was excellent, very professional and I found dealing with Jason to be quick, easy and stress free. I shall definitely be using them again.

Attachments

• IMG_20140219_170252.jpg
    IMG_20140219_170252.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20140219_165746.jpg
    IMG_20140219_165746.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 72
and how big was the bank loan lol

Ha it was a lot less than I expected to be honest, came £450 for the lot.

About £450 i reckon, i delt with Matt last week but went for the Meyle HD kit, again great service but then most people are when your about to part with the best part of £400+ I too though would highly recommend them.

He must have replied whilst i was writing mine ;-)

Yeah true, people are very nice when they are taking money off you. I was really pleased with them though so I said I'd post a recommendation on here for them, customers are only too quick to complain these days but ain't as quick to dish out the praise. The job now is finding somewhere to fit the stuff for me

Make sure you have new nuts and bolts, the top ones will break and you will spend ages getting these out, the Meyle kit came with all new bolts but if the Lemforder stuff doesn't get at least the two top ones before you start the job.

Yeah +1 for the pinch bolt! Can be a right pain to remove....usually snaps and resulting in removing the full leg to drill it out!

A good idea is to remove the wheel, undo the nut, spray lots of WD40/GT85 or similar in and around, maybe a few gentle taps on the bolt and see if you can get any movement on it etc. Then do the other side. two days later repeat. and again if you can't get any movement on the bolt. Keep doing it until you get movement. tap bolt in and out. DON'T MUSHROOM THE THREAD END THOUGH!

When fitting new pinch bolt, use plenty of copper grease on it. Ensure the hollow is full of CG. This will aid you in future if you need to remove again.

My Dad got a garage to replace a top arm on his S8, labour alone came in at £450 as they snapped the pinch bolt and charged him the time it took them to remove the full leg and drill the old bolt out as they sent it away to be drilled! Shocking. Needles to say he isn't using that garage anymore!

+1 for the pinch bolt.

I ended up replacing one of my uprights.
Found it was much easier to remove the shock and top arms (took 5 minutes!) - also makes life easier when removing the inner top arm bolts.

For the record - I have two spare (from a subframe I bought) with the pinchbolts removed :)

We just packed the threaded end out with washers put a nut on it and wound it out, you have to keep cutting the threaded end as it comes out as you hit the hub assembly, time consuming job but saves removing the whole unit, the worst part for us was trying to remove the track rod ends these were seized solid so doing these next week.

Thanks for the advice guys, when I checked the parts it appeared like they all had new nuts and bolts with them but I'll double check to see if the pinch bolts are there as well.