Symphony II rear sound issue

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I don't have Bose in my A4 but the rear door speakers and sub are very quiet compared to the front speakers. They are working a little but I have to fade the sound to the rear a fair bit just to try and get even sound distribution.

The sub speaker is a bit crackly when it's on too.

Any pointers?

I'll be having all the trim out again soon in the rear so thought I'd pose the issue now for when I start the work on my towbar electrics....

Cheers,

Dan

If you don't have Bose then the front speakers are driven directly from the head unit, but the rears and the sub are driven from the amp in the boot. So it sounds like a problem with the amp in the boot (behind the RHS trim).

part number on your amp ?

Aye, without removing all the trim before I really needed to. Think I've found a unit anyway.

sorry i misread i thought you had it out

I've got the same issue but mines with an aftermarket HU. I have to have it faded right to the back to level it out. I've saw some people say its to do with the wiring and others say its due to the lower voltage pre outs on the aftermarket HU and may need something like a line driver. Anyone got any info on this?

With the aftermarket HU there is an adapter harness to keep things even I'm led to believe.

I still have the genuine HU in, when working right, they ain't a bad piece of kit. Not brilliant but not bad either.

With the aftermarket HU there is an adapter harness to keep things even I'm led to believe.

I still have the genuine HU in, when working right, they ain't a bad piece of kit. Not brilliant but not bad either.

Anyone any info on this adapter and where to buy?

True, but its lacking things like AUX in, USB, Bluetooth etc.

Google Audi stereo adapters. Unless someone on here knows the part number already?

With the parts it's lacking, the Dension is my friend there. Not purchased one yet but I have been looking. Need to replace suspension and map mine before sorting Aux and Bluetooth out :)

Reactions: Chrismawa