exhaust drone a 2000 revs - 1.9 tdi

technics100

Reaction score
I'm getting a drone from my exhaust from 1800 - 2000 rpm. its only there and in every gear. anyone else ever get this? At first i thought it was a loose heat sheild or similar, but now definately sounds like exhaust drone...

Hole somewhere, or something other than heatshield vibrating off something else?

Loose exhaust rubber somewhere?

i hope someone can come up with a fix as mine is doing it too. tried allsorts

does the exhaust shake excessivly on tickover? the flexible part of the frontpipe can start to seize up causing this and the droning your on about.....

there's a couple of threads about this and I thought it was my injectors! but it now seems the sound is coming from the back. it tend to stop after the car gets very warm?

does the exhaust shake excessivly on tickover? the flexible part of the frontpipe can start to seize up causing this and the droning your on about.....
What flexi part of the front pipe
there isnt one .

yes, this is likely to be the case. It was mentioned on my MOT and i get the same noise at the same RPM.
To find it, look under the bonnet just behind your turbo. you will see the down pipe going to the exhaust will a flexible bit of pipe. This is the bit that is going on mine.