Picked up my new car!

Ah nice, get them fitted!! Can't wait to see the pics of them on. What wheels are they? What car from?

Ah nice, get them fitted!! Can't wait to see the pics of them on. What wheels are they? What car from?

Getting fitted in two hours! :D

You know what I'm really not sure. The guy I got them off says they are from a 2.5 A4. It took him a year to find a set so they are not very common I believe. Very few pictures of them online all I found was them fitted to an older audi.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399716139851007

Wheels fitted! :D, really need to get my B5 spring perches on! Picture does them no justice, they look much better in person!

Old alloys now for sale if anyone is interested!

Last edited:
Congrats, car looks amazing! white rims are my weak spot. :sly:

Cheers man. They aren't white, they were recently refurbed in silver. Although saying that they do have a slightly white look to them, which I quite like :D!

Maybe I'm biased haha, in these pics they look white to me:

Are they original Audi rims? can you give us a model or a part # from their backs? if I'm ever going to step up to 18", it will be either fat fives or your model ;)

Yeah mate, 8E0 071 498 666. Your pics haven't loaded on my phone. They are definitely silver. Just maybe with a slight white look to them. Funny the guy I bought them off wanted fat fives but got these instead. I'm in the same boat, I'd love fat fives haha!

Nice looking avant, I bought a blue one a few months back.
Needs a few bits to tidy up.
Where did you get your headlight switch from? Mine looks worse than your old one!
Think a female with long nails owned it at some point, got some scratches on the steering wheel too.

Nice looking avant, I bought a blue one a few months back.
Needs a few bits to tidy up.
Where did you get your headlight switch from? Mine looks worse than your old one!
Think a female with long nails owned it at some point, got some scratches on the steering wheel too.

My avant is the same with needing a few bits tidied up. My switch was in the exact same condition! I got mine from a member on here, it was a non genuine part but works and looks fine!

Non genuine part, it definitely looks ok, been toying with getting an eBay one, but don't want to waste my money. Looks like they could be ok.
I bought my car as the mrs wanted the blue one and never seen any for sale near by, this one came up and its the 130 sport with 118k miles on it, and looked nice.
Its only when live with it you start noticing bits lol, like the amount of stone chips on the bonnet.
I'm going to need a new boot solenoid I think as that plays up on hot days, but its a nice car non the less, I've got a pd130 golf too, so just a bigger version lol

Non genuine part, it definitely looks ok, been toying with getting an eBay one, but don't want to waste my money. Looks like they could be ok.
I bought my car as the mrs wanted the blue one and never seen any for sale near by, this one came up and its the 130 sport with 118k miles on it, and looked nice.
Its only when live with it you start noticing bits lol, like the amount of stone chips on the bonnet.
I'm going to need a new boot solenoid I think as that plays up on hot days, but its a nice car non the less, I've got a pd130 golf too, so just a bigger version lol

Mines a 130 sport too! I love it! BOOT SOLENOID, I'm glad you mentioned that mate. My boot was opening then not opening one day, and it was a hot day. Sounds like that could be the issue!

Yeah if the boots facing the sun itr sometimes appears to release the boot but not fully so its almost there if you know what I mean lol
A mates got the same car and his does it too, however he has bought a new solenoid but never fitted it lol, I'm waiting for him to do it so then I'll know how to do mine lol, he bought a special trim removing tool for it too, not sure if its necessary though?
It seems to be a common issue and I think the part is around £40 from Audi.
Think mine has all the common issues lol, got a bodged glovebox hinge that's giving way too.

Yeah I'll wait to hear from you if it works haha. Yeah my glove box hinge is cracked and ready to break haha.

I bought an ebay headlight switch & just swapped front switch & surround over to the OEM guts. Whole thing comes apart so really easy to do.

Now that sounds like an option, saw a switch for £11 on eBay, providing the picture shows the actual product....it looks fine.

I love my new wheels, sorry for the constant pictures haha! Fully loaded with wheels in the back making it look pretty low haha

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399839328680836
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399839352571894

Last edited:
Can never have too many B6 pics. New wheels look cracking!

Reactions: barkclark
Love the design of ya new wheels, you leaving them that color though?

Cheers. Yeah mate, been recently refurbed so no point changing them. They don't look as white in person. They are silver I can assure you lol

Ordered some new centre caps for my alloys as a few are falling apart! £8 delivered!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400048577227578

Clean and shiny!! Autoglym Rapid Detailer is my new best friend!

Last edited:
Been quoted £150 to get my chrome window surrounds wrapped in matt black. Think I'll try it myself for that price... lol

was curious about your wheels and they are genuine wheels but an accesory option very rare wheels i like them :D