obd2 results page car weight

deano1978

different gear
Reaction score
Thought we could share our reults.
My profile weight is not sure,with these results.
Screenshot_2014-02-06-07-37-18.png

Screenshot_2014-02-06-07-37-26.png

At the mo my odb wont connect to phone,keeps ****** happening!

Last edited:
Where did you get 2035Kg from? . If you are going to use the weight of the car to try and calculate the performance you need it to be reasonably accurate. I would take the car to a public weighbridge and get it weighed, I think you will find it's less than 2200Kg.

Karl.

I never went into details just info from autotrader
Screenshot_2014-02-09-22-17-58.png

Ok. Whats the weight of our b6's?

I thought it said in the service manual? That should account for any extra weight from optional extras, but it also assumes no further mods.

You are looking at the Gross vechicle weight which is pretty much the maximum the car will weigh wihen fully loaded to the max.

Audi A4 Avant (01-04) 1.9 TDI (130ps) 5d (6) - MPG, Dimensions & Performance | Parkers

2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.9 TDI B6 specifications, information, data, photos 249645

If you take the weight from the above link 1460Kg which is the vechicle kerb weight and add the max loading weight from your link of 550Kg = 2010Kg .
A normal car with driver is probably somewhere around 1550Kg .

Curb weight - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1460kg is the Kerb weight and is : - Curb weight (US English) or kerb weight (UK English) is the total weight of a vehicle with standard equipment, all necessary operating consumables (e.g., motor oil and coolant), a full tank of fuel, while not loaded with either passengers or cargo.

This definition may differ from definitions used by governmental regulatory agencies or other organizations. For example, many European Union manufacturers include the weight of a 75 kilogram driver to follow European Directive 95/48/EC.[1] Additionally, organizations may define curb weight with fixed levels of fuel and other variables to equalize the value for the comparison of different vehicles.

Gross vehicle weight rating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gross weight : - The gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR), or gross vehicle mass (GVM) is the maximum operating weight/mass of a vehicle as specified by the manufacturer[1] including the vehicle's chassis, body, engine, engine fluids, fuel, accessories, driver, passengers and cargo but excluding that of any trailers.[2] The term is used for motor vehicles and trains.

I think Audi may specify the weight of the car with 1/2 a tank of fuel and a 75Kg driver but even if not your 2200Kg is miles over.

Karl.

Well if you use a more accurate wight figure you will find the calculated power figure will come down quite a bit. If you try 1700Kg I think you will find it down to around 145bhp.

Karl.

Wells thats a stupid figure, 145bhp!!
Look at my sig! Its on its 2nd custom remap.
Egr deleted,full decat exhaust system. Yes my map is tailored for the above mods.

I dont think im running 15bhp over stock. I KNOW that.
Ur right about one thing,my car weight issue,and id leave it at that.

Well these are are great related posts for this topic :keule:

If it's still got the stock turbo I would be surprised if it's much more than 175bhp, any more than this and you are stretching the standard turbo. I had to swap the standard turbo in my AWX Passat for a BV43 out of a 2.0 170bhp A4 to get a decent power hike. Manged to get it upto 207bhp and 345Lb ft which was a good improvement.
Your wheels and tyres will probably be adding quite a bit of weight and affecting performance each wheel and tyre acts like a flywheel taking energy to spin up. so big wheels and tyres effectively add weight to a car.

Effects of Upsized Wheels and Tires Tested - Tech Dept. - Car and Driver