S4 Cab Wheels

THQuattro

VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Guys I'm new on here and i was wondering about the best looking wheels to go on the kids taxi which is a black 54 reg S4 convertible, not 100% happy with default wheels I'm thinking RS 19inch with spacers, whats your thoughts.

Put a pic up if your default

I think default is cool
How about spacers and a bit of lowering action instead

P1020574

std wheels look great on an avant not so good on a cabriolet

Reactions: sammi and GeoffDunk
I think it looks good too
But I know what the above comment means, looks better on avant

What tyre sizes, make are on them?

I think the issue is as a subtle, dating car in comparison the wheels are a bit bland compared to the modern crop
I would like to see what a fresh pair of rs6 new design would look like on a cab :)

Got RS4s on my black S4 cab, looks good

Is your car lowered? If so 19s will be a push! If not it will look like a 4 x4 if yr not careful! We have a set of rs4 19s on our b8 s4 they look cool but are everywhere u look! We have 18s on my s4 cab which has been lowered. I Had a job finding anything I liked that fitted I have had s4 rims, Dtm rims on it and now these.. Not everyone's cup of tea But I'm finally happy

IMG_1715_zpsfe68bcef.jpg

IMG_1714_zpsf8cc531e.jpg

Reactions: THQuattro
Thats one clean motor sammi. Like the wheels also.

Reactions: sammi
Yes they do look good, do you have a full side photo and what type of wheels are they.

Thanks guys! Not the best pic but here's a side shot . I wanted 3sdm 0.1s but they just didn't clear the brakes. There really isn't a lot of choice with the correct off set for the s4 cab. These are 18" zitos with an et of 35 in hyper silver

image_zpsbafc7f6c.jpg

H & R springs. Again choice is really limited! It was a bit of a ****** to change but really worth it :)

H & R springs. Again choice is really limited! It was a bit of a ****** to change but really worth it :)

What is the ride like on the H & R springs. Would like to lower mine a little but do not want to make it to hard. Last car was running coilovers and felt every bump in the road so i dont want to go back to that lol.

What is the ride like on the H & R springs. Would like to lower mine a little but do not want to make it to hard. Last car was running coilovers and felt every bump in the road so i dont want to go back to that lol.

The ride is firmer compared to the standard S4 springs but I don't think they are too hard, we live out on country B roads and it's fine. The scuttle shake from having no roof seems better and the car with the springs and wheels handles much nicer, all I want to do now is put a rear RS4 arb on it to finish it off.

I might need to invest in a set of h&r springs. Im on standard sport suspension 48000 miles. I feel the scuttle shake is terrible. Bad roads around tho. Thanks for the info.

Think i will be investing in a set of H & R springs. Are you on standard shocks?. Looks like this could be the next thing to do :0)

Yep on standard shocks, Stevie my cars too around the same mileage as yours . The scuttle shake is pants , the springs no way cure it but certainly help ! Apart from being re mapped this is the next best thing I've spent out on :)

Mines on 60,000 now but not had chance to really have the roof off to see what the scuttle shake is about as this is my first convertible but anything i can do to improve this awesome car i am willing to do. So far loving it every time i go out :0)

Sammi
My cars mapped also. Made a big difference. I take it the springs are specific for the cab due to the extra weight?

Dragondubz
Roof up or down it makes no real difference to the scuttle shake. Its only a wee bit of fabric.:)

Stevie
That's true never really thought about it. My last car was on coilovers and very stiff so i guess i don't really notice any shake as this is so soft but so much nicer to drive not feeling every bump. Just would like it a bit lower and stop the body roll. So it looks like i need to get it remapped aswell.

Stevie is yours an s4 too? My springs were specially for the cab. I guess they need to be due to the extra weight! When i got them in oct The h & r's were the only company that made them to fit the s4 cab . ( may be different now) . Remap was worth it wasn't it!

Dragondubz as Stevie said Scuttle shake is same with roof up or down.. Only difference is topless the windows rattle a lot more !!!!

I thought that coilovers would've made it worse, putting more energy thru the chassis. Defo worth a remap. Best bang for bucks. Like a different car for driving. Just make sure you have a 710n diverter valve. (Upgraded vag item)

Sammi
No ive just got a little 1.8t sport. Goes pretty good tho.:)

Maybe i should've paid more attention :) Aye a remaps well worth the money. I'd prefer an eight pot tho. I dont do alot of miles.