Pic request please - 2.5 v6 180 tdi owners

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,

Just been out and checked my actuator rod length on my 2.5 v6 180. I have approx 2cm of thread above the nut.

Could people please take a pic of their actuator rod length so I can compare with my actuator?

Engine off, the rod sits at it's lowest point, engine on and it pulls it straight up about an inch or so. Disconnect the vacuum supply to the N75 and the rod slowly dropped. Disconnect the vacuum supply to the actuator and it dropped instantly. So it's safe to say the actuator is working fine, as is the N75.

Cheers,

Dan

That looks like it's never been touched so why would you want to adjust it. Sounds like its working OK to me.

Going by this THREAD, I'm feeling the rod may need adjusting. The car may have been like this from new or the turbo has been recon'd at some point but not setup properly?

Dan

Hi Dan
Got a pic ready to post, just need to work out how to do it !
Will get it done later when I'm in from work. It looks pretty much the same as yours really

Many thanks Dave. If it's the similar then there is still something else wrong with the car.....

Will wait for the pic cheers. Use a hosting site like Photobucket etc and copy the IMG link and paste in here.

Or PM me for my email address and forward it to myself and I will post it for you.

Cheers,

Dan

Going by this THREAD, I'm feeling the rod may need adjusting. The car may have been like this from new or the turbo has been recon'd at some point but not setup properly?

Dan
I would not touch the actuator yet... It's a right pain to set-up without a flow bench... I would start with a few boost logs if i was you !

Dan I'm in the process of trying to obtain a picture from my mate who's workshop my A4 is in.

I would not touch the actuator yet... It's a right pain to set-up without a flow bench... I would start with a few boost logs if i was you !

Can you elaborate on that please Chris? Which function do i use under Engine? Basic Settings?

Is there any way of me been able to tell what map is on the car? It might even be a dodgy map.

As far as I am aware, there a no boost leaks, all hoses seem in good condition, N75 seems to be working, Actuator is working full length etc.

It has a lot more pull after 2k rpm than my A6 2.5 FWD did that had a Dragon tuning box on it. So I'm thinking a dodgy map possibly....

Cheers James, much obliged.

I have so much to do to try and improve it I.E. Cat-bashing, lol. But my wrist is preventing from me doing anything at the moment.

Dan

Hi Dan
Here's the pic of my VNT rod, I'm watching your threads with interest to try and solve the poor MPG on my 180 BAU Quattro. I'll post my logs up at the weekend as well

Thanks for the picture QDave, Looks similar to mine. I will get a clearer photo of mine, but looking at the pics, I don't think my actuator rod length is too far out.