Chris NottJMB Retrofits

Thread: B5 S4 Brakes

2nd Gear

Status

B5 S4 Brakes

Hi I have a set of B5 S4.calpiers that I've had powder coated to bolt on to my b6 a4 1.9tdi now I know I've heard they are not much of an upgrade but they are to really fill my alloys out instead of the tiny stoppers on at the moment. I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me if these discs will be useable ( item number 350901724932 ). If they are not could someone tell me what ones are and what's the biggest diamiter I could bolt on I'm sure I've read it is 320 though. I would also like to know if their is any brake pad retaining kit for these as my calipers don't have any but have just been rebuilt with all new seals and boots. Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Yes, those discs should be suitable.
    There are no wire style pad retainers - just bolts (the caliper with the wire retainers is a slightly different design more commonly found on the A8 I think and US S4's)

I attempted to go down the same route a few years back, but I was told a few times that even the standard ATE 288mm brakes were better than the Lucas B5 S4 brakes.
    I held off and eventually went for some B6 S4 340mm brakes - the difference was night & day.

2002 A4 Avant Quattro Sport 2.5 V6 TDi - 219Bhp - Votex
    BCS Automotive Turbo-Back - Remap -
    19" RS6 Reps - B6 S4 Brakes - Symphony II+
    - Weitec GT
    - 2001 Honda CBR600-FS1 -

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks Alex I've heard that about these calipers but I have all ready spent the money getting them blasted and powder coated and rebuilt . I can only try them an see what they're like and if they're naff I'll be sending them down the road as long a s theyre no worse than my factory stoppers I'll be happy lol. I'm just after some thing nicer looking .

different gear

Status
    B6 S4 340mm brakes - the difference was night & day.

Im upgrading just got some 569 carriers for 312 discs. So is a4 s4 brake upgrade direct fit to 340mm dics?
    A4 avant b6.1.9 avf 6 speed. Bv43 turbo.uprated fmic. More bhp custom map. Powerflow straight through twin pipes. Allard delete kit. Boost,egt, + voltage gauges. Ball,spring boost controller. Fk silversport coilovers. 312mm brake upgrade. B7 multifunc steering wheel. Full dis. Cruise control. Auto locks. Rs4 rear bumper. Full rs4 grills. Drls + hids. 10inch custom sub + amp. Rear parking sensors. Leds everywhere. Parrotkit full speaker streaming. silver 4d carbon interior.never ending...

3rd Gear

Status
    Swindon - home of the 'Magic' Roundabout.
    I have these on my car and the braking difference was immediately huge. So much better - hardly any fade compared to the standard ones I had and braking is far improved in general, with less effort from my foot.
    B8 S4 Avant in Misano Red with some lovely toys!
    Prev: B6 A4 Saloon 1.9 TDI quattro Sport - great car.