Reaction score
Want to put an Audi Bluetooth module to my rns-e mm1
but don't know which one I need anyone help
out

Last edited:
I was expecting an "I hate bluetooth " thread :lmfao:

(It's which..)

Reactions: S4_dan and Jimmeh
Evening dude, I opted to get a Pioneer bluetooth headunit instead of the OEM+ route and it's good! I'm sure some searching will get you the answer, you need to be sure if an Audi bluetooth module will play music via it too otherwise it might be a bit of a half a job retrofit.
The headunit I got was a DEH-X5600BT, I've set the LED colours to red edges and white text, it looks like it's meant to be there!
I'm sure they do double din units too.

Want to put an Audi Bluetooth module to my rns-e mm1
You want an 8P0 862 335 xx or 8P1 862 335 XX module, see Audi Bluetooth / TEL interface - part numbers | Audi Forum

Best advice is always to go for the newest you can get as that will support more phone types, so look for an 8P1 862 335 xx would be my suggestion.

P.S. The RNS-E is not MMI, it shares nothing in common with MMI - different hardware, different firmware and different maps. Making it show MMI on startup was an idiotic decisions by a demented Marketing fool at Audi which has resulted in literally hundreds of RNS-E owners buying useless MMI maps (very expensive coasters at £200+ a pop).