MFSW

Welshquattro

Reaction score
Hi can anybody tell me what MFSW I need. Will any b7 MFSW fit? Have been offered one with part Number 8P0419091BL,if it's ok what else would I need. Part numbers would be a great help. Btw it's only the MFSW no airbag so would need that aswell. Thanks for any help.

What car is it going on to?

B7 is dual system on the air bag so it isn't compatible with the B6 system and may not work if the vehicle is crashed!

Any B6 wheel will fit and work ok though.

Reactions: Welshquattro
If you are putting a b7 (dual stage) airbag into a b6 (single stage) car you are going to have issues which noone can categorical state if it will deploy in a crash!

If you are putting a b7 (dual stage) airbag into a b6 (single stage) car you are going to have issues which noone can categorical state if it will deploy in a crash!

I know of at least TWO people/cars, whose airbags failed when they crashed their cars. Luckily they were ok regardless, but it could of been a lot worse!

I don't however know of any that have worked. Who wants to crash their car to find out? lol

Sorry guys forgot to say what car it's for! 04 b6 A4 1.8t sport quattro avant with RNS-D already fitted. Thanks for telling me about the airbags.

Get the MFSW with a single stage airbag offered as an option on the B6.

But its a fugly 4spoke SE wheel.
What's more important to you? A fugly 4 spoke SE wheel, or a fugly face when you hit the nut on the end of the steering column because the airbag didn't go off on the pretty B7 wheel?

Dave I wouldn't put a B7 wheel on my car, I know about the airbag, I was letting the OP know that the only MFSW for a B6 is the four spoke SE wheel....

No offence taken.
Looks like we are on the same page regarding steering wheels.

No offence taken.
Looks like we are on the same page regarding steering wheels.
Having spent sometime working on the airbag system for a major European car manufacturer and seeing the simulation results & actual crash tests and also listening to a surgeon telling us the injuries that can be prevented or reduced by airbags, I'm totally sold on their benefits and will always advise against any modifications that risk them not deploying when needed.