Engine blew this morning!!!

simers

Reaction score
This morning my engine decided to crap itself... I had a new sump fitted no more than 2 months ago and when she started rattling and banging this morning checked her for oil and nothing in it... Put 1.5 litres in it to get me home and in the space of 3 miles it was gone... Absolutely sick of it now... Have had nothing but stupid nightly problems with her since I got her last February and now bang.. Only saving grace is I can get a complete engine for €250.. Belt and water pump etc done on it 2 years ago but has only covered 20 miles since as there is no logbook for the car... Should I do belt again to be safe?? There was only 201000 miles on my engine but mileage is unknown on new one as someone changed clocks in the car... Absolutely gutted and sick...

Not nice but engine must have had underlying issues out of your control.

I would do belt and pump for peace of mind

I would replace the belt and waterpump while your there

what engine was it? petrol or tdi?

+1 for the belt and waterpump whilst the engine is out. Much easier to do. Sounds like it's been a rough ride for you. Not a bad price for the engine you have sourced, once fitted, if you're not happy then move the car on....

Dan

Found out today the engine is out of a 99 A4 so I'm hoping it's an AWX engine code but really doubt it

thats the older engine and not a PD mate

it makes me wonder why there was no oil in the sump?

thats the older engine and not a PD mate

it makes me wonder why there was no oil in the sump?

I dipped it there bout an hour ago and she was half full again... I dunno wats goin on wit it....
Cheers for the info mate... Looks like it's gonna cost me a lot more then...

yeah your usually talking around £500 notes for a motor!

I found out today that the fault was my turbo... It crapped itself and oil went into the cylinders... Best price I've gotten for an engine is €350 with injectors but looking at that again for a turbo so that's €700 without mechanics fee of taking out old one and fitting new one... Seems I'm looking at well over a thousand euro to fix... Don't think the car is worth it now

Nightmare matey sorry to hear that, how many miles did your engine and turbo have on before it went? If the shell of the car is still good from front to back and you're planning on keeping it I would recommend a new/ refurb engine supplied and fitted for around £1300, you'd think they would fit a new turbo for you at the same time providing you buy the part. If you go ahead make sure everything is backflushed out of the intercooler and pipework as a precaution.

There was just over 201000 mate... The shell is mint bar a few mechanical bits wrong... Gonna restore the car while I'm at it I think