VCDS Lite and eBay Cable

Yep installed off the disk and through windows itself. Both make no difference.

Interestingly tried my mates bluetooth dongle and that couldn't connect either....

And before anyone asks yes the ignition is on lol

Have you clicked on TEST and then saved it before trying to scan the car?

Iirc it's under the 'OPTIONS' tab. But could be wrong.

Dan

Go into control panel device manager, usb controllers then you should see the yellow triangle symbol beside the usb click on that then install drivers. Thats how I got mine working

Have you clicked on TEST and then saved it before trying to scan the car?

Iirc it's under the 'OPTIONS' tab. But could be wrong.

Dan

Thats where im getting the message mate when clicking test. Wont let you do anything unless you successfully test.

No yellow triangle as I have the driver installed correctly. Tried the driver off the disk for Windows 7 and tried letting windows find he driver through windows update. Neither works.

The message im getting suggests the port configuration for the cable is correct but it cant connect to the car for some reason....

Try changing the usb port number for the cable then. Mine is on port 3. click on properties under device manager then I think it's under advanced. Locate port number and change to another one.

Dan

Yep tried all 4. Same error on every one. I'm also running VCDS as admin. I cant think of anything else to try, maybe I have a faulty cable.

I tried to ring my mate that works on computers and he also said faulty cable. Sorry mate

Reactions: Chrismawa
Cheers boardy.

Dan, yep uninstalled numerous times. It just wont work, I've emailed the seller to ask for a replacement.

Just looked at your link and that's the same seller I bought mine from and it works fine. So maybe a faulty cable.

Where did you get the VCDS from? From the seller or downloaded from Ross-tech site?

No sweat mate hope ya get sorted

Well this is interesting. Got the new cable, plugged it in and ran the test configuration in VCDS. It connected fine, but had poor latency. I tried adjusting the latency setting in device manager, to which it did improve. Then back to square one, it just keeps throwing the "Port OK, Interface Not Found" error. Nothing has changed, I have no idea, maybe its just because its a cheapo cable. But I had one of these and used it without any problems on my old MK4 Golf.

Has anyone got VCDS lite working with Windows 7 and a cheap eBay lead?

Well this is interesting. Got the new cable, plugged it in and ran the test configuration in VCDS. It connected fine, but had poor latency. I tried adjusting the latency setting in device manager, to which it did improve. Then back to square one, it just keeps throwing the "Port OK, Interface Not Found" error. Nothing has changed, I have no idea, maybe its just because its a cheapo cable. But I had one of these and used it without any problems on my old MK4 Golf.

Yer me but it does not work on my s3 as it's a 8p I have had no problems with it just plug in and test and it works

Yer me but it does not work on my s3 as it's a 8p I have had no problems with it just plug in and test and it works

Well I've got no idea whats going on with mine. I don't think my car wants me to read what codes are there lol

You have changed your usb port to a com port in the settings on the computer

Yep, all the settings are fine. It was working and getting a confirmation from the test. I adjusted the latency settings and tested, still ok. Adjusted again and ran a test and got the error. Put the setting back to what they were, still error. Tried different port, still error. Mystery.

The cheap leads do throw the poor latency comment. Just leave it be, it works fine. It sounds like by adjusting the latency settings it's killing the cheap lead as they won't have much (if any) tolerances in them for adjustment.

Mine works fine on Windows 7 and I've never needed to adjust the latency.

The cheap leads do throw the poor latency comment. Just leave it be, it works fine. It sounds like by adjusting the latency settings it's killing the cheap lead as they won't have much (if any) tolerances in them for adjustment.

Mine works fine on Windows 7 and I've never needed to adjust the latency.

I tried a scan with poor latency and it wouldnt read anything. Someone local has offered to scan the car for me so that'll have to do. These leads are going in the bin lol

My ebay lead and VCDS lite work fine, sometimes connecting is a bit of a problem and it's a case of pulling out the lead, ignition on/off, plug in lead try again etc. etc. then it connects fine. Have you tried opening VCDS after you've plugged the lead in and with the ignition switched on ?
I see you're in Tyne and Wear, I'm in South Shields, you could always try my cheap lead to see if it's your laptop ?

My ebay lead and VCDS lite work fine, sometimes connecting is a bit of a problem and it's a case of pulling out the lead, ignition on/off, plug in lead try again etc. etc. then it connects fine. Have you tried opening VCDS after you've plugged the lead in and with the ignition switched on ?
I see you're in Tyne and Wear, I'm in South Shields, you could always try my cheap lead to see if it's your laptop ?

Thanks for the offer Dave, Im also in South Shields. Another forum user has already offered my a full scan with his genuine lead. So hopefully i'll finally get to see what codes are hiding!

Whereabouts in shields are you by the way?

Hi Mate
I'm just near Bamburgh Ave, back of the coast Rd. Keep your eyes open for a light blue '53 plate 2.5Q avant !