Feel of clutch problem

sinbadfury

Reaction score
Losing confidence in my gears/clutch.

Couple of times at slow speed, pulling away from roundabout in 2nd, clutch not fully out but seemed to be slipping when putting power down?

Also from standing start, she doesnt seem 'right', hesitant engage of gear.

So to the question, is there anyone who could give some indication of whether I need to get this looked at...

I am not sure if I might be inadvertantly mothering the cluctch, thinking there is a problem.

BTW : 1.9tdi 130 sport, 50k, no idea who last owner was.

Mine seems to pop out of gear in second.. i think it's more me being used to Vauxhall gear boxes though... I will monitor it closely. Mine is also a 130 Sport with 54k.

I know who the last owner was.. It's on the log book!!!!

What sort of mileage would 'normally' warrant a clutch problem? I presume that 50k should be OK, but if the previous driver rode the clutch or something it would obviously wear down quicker?

??

No idea mate... My Vectra was still on it's original clutch, with 108k on clock....

hi, did you get a new clutch, im suffering with the same, my tdi 130 sport has now covered 120k on the original and its quite heavy!!
How much are new ones???

My 2001 130 sport has trouble going going from 1st to second. This is worse in winter. It goes off after a few miles of driving! Not sure if that is clutch or gearbox? Car has only done 28k.

sinbadfury said:
What sort of mileage would 'normally' warrant a clutch problem? I presume that 50k should be OK, but if the previous driver rode the clutch or something it would obviously wear down quicker?

How long's a piece of string?

We had a 406 a few years ago that we bought with 26k. We sold it with around 50k and the clutch was knackered. I think the previous owner had ridden the clutch a lot and then we got it and used it for daily commuting that included about 3 miles of stop-go traffic.

We sold our Bora with 62k on the clock and the clutch was perfect. Most of its life was spent on free flowing roads.

Marko said:
My 2001 130 sport has trouble going going from 1st to second. This is worse in winter. It goes off after a few miles of driving! Not sure if that is clutch or gearbox? Car has only done 28k.

Probably just the gearbox oil taking longer to warm up.

anyone had to buy a new cluch, how much are they costing these days???

A4 tdi 130 sport:tumble:

I liked to dump the clutch on my last a4 avant quattro at the lights so fun having a chipped 130 with 180bhp and then the boost comes in........done 3k and the clutch went

- new clutch cost me £289 fitted (mr clutch) and he replaced it for free another 5k miles later.....i know i still havent lernt my lesson.