7 seater conversion ???

corker1985

Reaction score
Any one done a 7 seater conversion a4 b6 estate ?
Any help would be great

To be honest this actually sounds like a really good idea, only issue I can see with it is if this is a permanent fixture it will need seat belts to pass an MOT which could be a bit tricky if you plan on using the same seats as the driver/passenger seats, also leg room/head room would be fairly limited unless you plan on cutting out the wheel well.

We'll I just bought a a4 tdi quattro love the car and keeping it. Also have 4 kids so it will be getting done. Will have two fully working seats with belts. Not sure on having them looking out back window or forward. Il get some measurements on few extra seats if any one has any friends or family with 7 seater that can get measurements would help or any tips would also be great full either. Rear seats for kids only but want them to be comfy.

Thinking again I can really see space being an issue, if it's just for kids surely the simplest solution would be some form of backwards facing cushion like the range rovers have... could maybe even get one from another vehicle and adapt it.

why not rob the 7 seater from an A6 and retro fit

I have an A6 with a third row in the boot (factory)
AFAIK the floor plan is basically the same, you would have to fit the bolt holes but I bet the seat fitment would drop in without too much ballache

Reactions: GeoffDunk and DieselJake
Any chance in any measurements when seats fully up and folded fitting belts shouldn't be a problem as I'm a mechanic / panel beater / Sprayer and welder thanks

why not rob the 7 seater from an A6 and retro fit

I have an A6 with a third row in the boot (factory)
AFAIK the floor plan is basically the same, you would have to fit the bolt holes but I bet the seat fitment would drop in without too much ballache

This sounds interesting, do you have any pics of this? I didn't even know this existed!

p1110812m.jpg

Are we talking about this thing? Looks like plenty of space either side in an A6.

Yes that's the ones for a a6 but on a google search there is a x shaped base for them to fit to and hoping to find the measurements for that as that looks bigger than the seats. Seats should fit il try get pic uploaded
Later if I can on the seat base.

Any one know the measurement between the rear wheels on a a6 estate for this reason ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390239069990827

Il let you's know going to check with vosa might need to go for a check but will need to be insured as 7 seater

Monday at latest had no time don't think it will be open but will try tomorrow

Thanks for that that will save me a phone call. there is a set eBay claims they clip to the 4 chrome strap/ tie downs the two behind rear seats iv asked if he has car as I think there is a base with belts on as photo in earlier post they are to far south for me but you may be interested.

Looks good but kids at aged
5month
8 years
12 years
15 years old
Il keep this in mind if any one els ask
Thanks

Just got some rear folding seats from a Volvo v70. so that's whats on the plans for the next week. il add some pics when all sorted til be a squeeze but not to much a problem

Reactions: DieselJake
Any update on this guys?

I also need to get an extra seat and don't want to get rid of the A4 Avant

Thanks, Ben

Iv been on putting seats from a volvo in mine just about there. Needing a bit carpet down different belt clips il put some picks up soon.
Just need to update logbook and insurance hope they don't want any tests done but should all good every thing works so far.

Reactions: DieselJake
Yes Corker, would be interested to see how you get on with yours... keep us updated...

Ben

Few pics still needs carpet the wood but all folds away nice

mmm, not the exact look I was after.

The Audi A6 ones look much better - can they fit?

Ben

looks good
BUT no way would i place my or anyone elses kids in that
i drive hgv and when ever i see a volvo etc with kids smileing at me from seats like that i bottle it and slow down and let them get away from me
if you slam of for any reason and a car should hit you say 50mph there ****ed and it does and can happen i see so many back enders at speed every week on the mways and even the drivers can get quite badley hurt
just my thoughts but with todays bad drivers if you wana risk it go for it but get it checked by vosa make sure its 100% safe

Yes see what you mean. I could happen if you sitting anywhere in the car though. If it passes test than all is good only get used few times a year.

Yes see what you mean. It could happen if you sitting anywhere in the car though. If it passes tests than all is good only get used few times a year.

The tests do not include the rear crash structure of the car. The Volvo has far more advance crash structures/ crumple zones than a B6 A4 does.

The 3rd row seats are occasional seats and are sold with that description and should be used as such, which I see that is you intention. If anyone has more than 3 kids its time to by a MPV or my choice, a Q7. It may be more expensive but worth fitting the OEM kit as its tested with the specific vehicle and engineered to match.

Finally talked my Mrs to trade her E70 X5 in for a 4.2 TDI Q7!.............ironically, I don't have any kids lol.

All sorted as 7 seater now.
Send logbook off changing it to 7 seater insurance is for 7 seater and mot for 7 seater. No extra test needed so any one wanting to change or add extra seats very easy no extra charges.

Fair play bud, braver than me. Been to too many RTC's to even think about extra seats.