G30 coolant

boardy1987

Reaction score
Hey guys I was lookin for g12 coolant for my car and the guy in halfords said it is recommended that I use g30 coolant. He stated that the g12 is manufacture guide but not always accurate. Does this really matter?

Many thanks ryan

I've always stuck with G12+ from either a dealer or eBay. I wouldn't mix coolants, but that's just me being me.
G12+ isn't too dear to buy.

No probs mate I just noticed today that it was low and went to halfords as every1 else closed at 5. Im goanna take it back n get my money back and get the correct one. Cheers mate for your output greatly appreciated

Topping up with water would of been fine if it's only a small amount required. I know your frustration when places close etc. I live in the sticks and frustrates me sometimes!

Dan

It's now called G13, and £10.20 per 1.5l. I got two bottles from the dealers on Tuesday.

Confirmed G13, bought some from tps recently. No idea why the change from G12 to G13 tho..

They changed it to meet the new EU green standards (less of the nasty chemicals) G13 can be mixed with G12 & G12++

I no mate. Seems like alot is happening to the car so trying to eliminate as much as I can haha

Stay away from the halfords rubbish - Last time I checked it was more expensive than G13 from Audi.
Stick with the G13 - I find two bottles mixed with water fits the bill.