Your thoughts, 1.9TDi b6 Avant Sport (Red) - for sale

Jimm3h

Reaction score
Morning folk,

I've not been around for a while, I kinda switched to the 'darkside'..! After my mauritius blue PD130 Quattro Sport that some of you may remember, I went 56 plate e61 530D Touring, 57 Mini Cooper D and then an 08 e91 320D Ed M-Sport Touring.

I'm searching for another b6 Avant as it's a work runaround for me; something to chuck the bike in etc :)

Found this, misano red 04 plate, 1 owner, FSH, 73k miles, cambelt change, etc..

Audi A4 1.9 TDI 130 Sport [6] 5dr 1 OWNER FASH LOW MILEAGE

a41.jpg

a46.jpg

There can't be many left around with this sort of mileage? Truth be told, however, I wasn't looking to spend this much. Wouldn't have mattered if it'd had another 20k on the clock to bring the price down... My old b6 PD130 was pushing 160k and still going strong.

I just wondered what your thoughts were..? Booked in to view this afternoon. If it were a private sale, I'd be looking to spend high £4ks/low £5ks. It's just been 'serviced' and cambelt has been done, not sure what the recent service includes yet but will find out.

It's pretty base spec - would plan to change a few bits, plastidip a few bits of trims to match window trim, change wheels, remap, change rear bumper for the 1.8T unit with twin exit exhaust and look to put a light leather interior in there.

Does it look like I'm on to a winner?

Ah, hello again! I remember you, I actually looked about a month or so ago as I noticed you hadn't been active in a while, so guessed you'd moved on.

You had a nice list of cars since you left. Got any pics of them? I have considered replacing my b6 with a 530d.

The misano red can look so good when well looked after, which I'm sure you'll cope with ;)

I would think the price was a bit high for the age of the car, but as you say a 1 owner, fsh and low miles is nice. But, these engines go for ever as you say, so I would rather spend less on one with higher miles as I think 5-6k may just be too much.

You could get a decent b7 for that price, just don't get a 2.0tdi ha!

Always best to still go see it though, if it's absolutely mint it might be a worthy purchase.

Reactions: Jimmeh
Thanks buddy. Yeah, Dealer really doesn't want to shift on that price. Big shame; was hoping to cruise out this afternoon to go see/purchase.

I'd like to buy the car, new wheels, remap and possible interior change for £6k all in, or thereabouts. Thus, meaning the car would sell for ~£5000... Back to the drawing board! :( (trouble is, there aren't many of these red b6's around are there..?)

Will post pics of the others' later :)

One more thing, the b6, did they ever come factory with xenons?

I think it's overpriced tbh, at the end of the day it's 11 years old. For £6000 you could get a good B7.

eBay item number 251415506307 looks good. It's a 115pd, but that could be sorted with a set of 130 injectors and a map.

I'm pretty sure it was an optional extra, yes. I know it was on the b5 as mine has them, so I can't see why the b6 didn't.

Red doesn't seem to common of a colour to be honest. Are you dead set on red, or is it just a preference?

It's wise if you are wanting to spend money on wheels etc to factor it into the price.

Surely dealer would drop to £5,500 cash sale, that wouldn't be to bad if you gonna keep it for years.. 1 owner, full service, low mileage, can't blame dealer asking top whack for it.

B7's I don't like. Much prefer the classic b6 shape.

Red doesn't seem to common of a colour to be honest. Are you dead set on red, or is it just a preference?

Was hopeful for red, yes. Cooperate colours ;) and you don't see many on the road. That, or Dolphin Grey which is a little more common.

To be honest, I don't like the b7 much either. If I stick with an a4 I'd jump straight to the b8.

My b6 is dolphin grey, I love it. It looks so nice when all shiny and clean.

Come on, pics. Inspire me! :)

Here's the last 3:

530D touring,

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0536.jpg

Cooper Diesel (cracking car!) ;)

DSC_0154-1.jpg

and my 320D Edition M Sport which sold on Thursday :(

DSC_0174edit.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

IMG_6381.jpg

The b6 does come with factory xenons as an option, mine has them, as well as a few other things, ski hatch, bose, centre arm rest etc etc, I would have only paid that price if that car was fully loaded. Keep looking buddy :)

No, ****.

haha, I love the e61, I do. But the 3L diesel was so thirsty; the auto wax wasn't the best, either. I'd have a 520d manual tomorrow if it came in at the right price. Such a great looking wagon.

Would the 520d be fast enough? It would seem underpowered for such a big car? I know it's not a race car, but I'd want it to be quick at least.

I don't think I'll be buying one soon, the wife won't let me sell the b6.

B7's I don't like. Much prefer the classic b6 shape.

Was hopeful for red, yes. Cooperate colours ;) and you don't see many on the road. That, or Dolphin Grey which is a little more common.

I wanted red when I was looking, but they only came in two options.... Overpriced, or rough as a bears bum hole

I think the only answer if you want a bit of boot, would be a 535d. <3

520d, not sure how well they remap? I know it's a big car to lugg around but would be enough for me; serving a pupose :)

My friends' 520d F10 is crazy quick for such a big car. They've obv played with/changed something since the last model

Yeah, the 535 looks mental. They only come in auto don't they?

Have you decided about the red b6? You gonna go see it at least?

The diesel is well overpriced, I think you might find that the dealer still has it for sale in a few months time….

The petrol is cheaper and far far better specced, but is still a bit dear in my view…

As an example a friend of mine was looking at a B7 2.0T Quattro avant just before Xmas, immaculate car, and the dealer wanted £6500, however it was going to need 4 new tyres very shortly and no evidence of a cam belt change, so we walked away…. he now has it up for sale at £5490…...

Welcome back Jimmeh :thumbsup:

I tend to echo what everyone else says really, but that said, lateish model diesel Sport Avants sub 100k are few and far between.

Thanks guys.

bigjim-85, you were right. Overpriced, or a bag of nails.

I say this because I've just returned from a last minute viewing (2 hour round trip so not 'too' bad...) of a red avant that a vauxhall dealer had taken in on part-ex, 2004 04, 107k, 3 owners, £4795. Ideal. Or so I thought. I probably spent no more than 30 seconds looking round the car before I wished the Dealer well, and was on my way. A cheeky "oh, you want to tell your valet team to go easy on the silicone next time..." as I walked away. It was truly horrid... If a car's interior could ever be "slapped up", this would have been the one. So, so greasy.

That said, if the original £5900 Avant with 73k IS as described, it sounds money well spent.

This makes me think mine is worth more than I thought haha!

Gutted for you though mate, but at least looking at a few will make it obvious when you find 'the one'.

I know it's a bit different, but you'd get a lot of C5 A6 Avant for that money and there are plenty of 1.9's about. When my A4 died I bought a 2002 one for £2k, for a workhorse it's fantastic. Overall it's a really practical, comfortable and refined car next to the A4.

That's a good point, the a6 is a nice car! And that bit bigger so if it's your work car you'll fit more stuff in :)

Thanks guys.

bigjim-85, you were right. Overpriced, or a bag of nails.

I say this because I've just returned from a last minute viewing (2 hour round trip so not 'too' bad...) of a red avant that a vauxhall dealer had taken in on part-ex, 2004 04, 107k, 3 owners, £4795. Ideal. Or so I thought. I probably spent no more than 30 seconds looking round the car before I wished the Dealer well, and was on my way. A cheeky "oh, you want to tell your valet team to go easy on the silicone next time..." as I walked away. It was truly horrid... If a car's interior could ever be "slapped up", this would have been the one. So, so greasy.

That said, if the original £5900 Avant with 73k IS as described, it sounds money well spent.

I had a couple of similar experiences looking for mine. I actually asked one dealer about some marks I could see on pictures to be told they were just shadows in the pictures. Rest assured when I got there I walked round it once, got back in my car and drove home without even looking inside, or speaking to the dealer.