A pillar trim removal

IANF67

Reaction score
Any tips on the removal. Need to route my microphone wire up and over. I'm assuming it will clip off but is there a good place to start the process

cheers

you ll need to remove the grab handle above the driver to remove the a pillar trim itself
2 screws which are behind 2 locking plastic tabs on the handle itself
then lift the a pillar upwards and into the vehicle

Can you not just pull back the rubber seal and poke the wire under the trim that way?

There is a screw under the cover that says Airbag and then remove the 2 screws holding the grab handle and also remove the sunvisor and then pull it off

Thanks folks. Forgot to mention its a cabriolet

Sorry

Mr Wolf. If you want to advertise on here please contact the admin.
Do not link to your business in your signature line, it has been removed.

Have done that quattrojames. Got to the top but need to get round to the front. Was planning on stickin the mic on the inside nesr the windscreen about 6/8 inches down the pillar

Don't run it up behind the rubber seal, run the cable to the back of the dash (access to the fuse panel for feeding it up/down) and tuck the cable behind the A pillar edge closest to the screen. Takes no more than 5 minutes without the need to remove the pillar

Glad you asked this as this is exactly what I need to do! After removing the screws and pulling it off - theres no chance of the airbag going off is there??

After messing around for a while I've sited the microphone on the cluster it fits snug on the little ledge just under the PRNDS. Looks nice and sounds ok too from what people tell me anyway

Cheers