Sky InsuranceBadger5
    Neutral

Status

what are the failed coilpack part numbers , ending in j , h r??

hi ive got a failed coilpack ending in R , Ive got just 2 of these fitted and its booked into audi in 2 weeks so that gives me some time to get 2 more to match mine if anyone has any my other 2 are bosch but not gen like audi say , so they will only replace the 2 i have on if its a failed part number , mine end in R, can anyone help me please , cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    the car has been into audi today for the recall as mine hadnt had one yet i waited for the car and it was over 2 hrs .
    i said to the service girl had the 4 coil packs been done and she said yes so i was happy with that it also got a full inside and out wash n hoovering , but when i pulled out of the audi yard the damm thing had still got the flat spot so i pulled over to check and they hadnt replaced any at all all 4 was still ending in R.
    i flew back and went mad.
    she stormed into the garage part and came back with saying the part numbers on my coilpacks were the correct ones for my avj engine
    but she had said they had been replaced? typical stupid dealers this is why everyone should avoid,
    so long story short the car had a bloody long car wash grrrrrr

1st Gear

Status
    I dont get it. What's the problem - you now have four new coilpacks haven't you? One of which you'd identified as dud - two of the others weren't oe. Did you ask the dealer to investigate the flat spot? OR just replace the coilpacks. I'm asking because hunting down a flat spot on mine ended up finding some damaged vac pipes - not dud coilpacks.

I first raised this on Audifans - the post, with pics of the offending pipes, is here - Niggling "misfire" - Audifans.net - this may - or may not - be of help, and I accept that the engines are not identical of course, mine being naturally aspirated.

Mike.
    Last edited by Mike_B; 27th January 2014 at 18:29.

Neutral

Status
    [QUOTE=Mike_B;2067886]I dont get it. What's the problem - you now have four new coilpacks haven't you?

no they never changed them they were still the old ones in?
    i know its the coil pack as 1 of them is dud , i proved that swapping them around and finding the bad one via vagcom , i borrowed one from my mate as he had a spare , hence no more flat spots , the 2 non gens are fine its the gen audi one thats at fault

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add GeoffDunk on Facebook
    Does you car fall under the recall policy issue by Audi or not?

If you think your car is eligible for a recall, call Audi UK, give them you chassis number and they will confirm they will then let you know where you can take it. I did this, and the had the local dealer replace all 8 coil packs.

If not, spend some money and buy 4 new coil packs or at least the one at fault. I don't get it, you have found the fault, proved it and still not sorted it?

Audi S4 quattro in Dolphin Grey Metallic, Silver leather, carbon inlays, RNS-E, 6 speed manual, electrically adjustable & heated seats, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, storage pack, 18" OEM RS4 wheels, RS4 ARB, LED lighting upgrade, FASH plus every bill since new.

1st Gear

Status
    Well, I had the coil packs on mine replaced without asking while it was having an oil change. The "fluffing" problem I had was nothing to do with them incidentally. 4 new coils. I know this, because they told me they were to be replaced, and I'd marked the originals! Mike

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffDunk View Post
    Does you car fall under the recall policy issue by Audi or not?

If you think your car is eligible for a recall, call Audi UK, give them you chassis number and they will confirm they will then let you know where you can take it. I did this, and the had the local dealer replace all 8 coil packs.

If not, spend some money and buy 4 new coil packs or at least the one at fault. I don't get it, you have found the fault, proved it and still not sorted it?
    as before it has been into audi today for the recall , i did ring them and yes it hadnt had the recall done so i booked it in and my last 2 posts were the outcome lol

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesey View Post
    as before it has been into audi today for the recall , i did ring them and yes it hadnt had the recall done so i booked it in and my last 2 posts were the outcome lol
    Me, I'd be going straight back. There was nothing wrong with mine - they replaced them anyway - - -

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    Me, I'd be going straight back. There was nothing wrong with mine - they replaced them anyway - - -
    she just said that the part numbers were ok and they didnt need replacing they all ended in r , but cant find out anywhere if thats been recalled or are they just fobbing me off?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi,

When I took my car in for coil replacement I was originally told (after about an hour's wait) that they didn't need replacing.

Using some of the information here http://12v.org/urs/28E9CoilReplacementCampaign.pdf I complained to the dealer. After an exchange of emails they apologised, re-booked the car, replaced all the coils and put some petrol in my car for my trouble. They did also point out that the information I'd found wasn't from the UK.......

Towards the bottom of the link there's a list of good/bad part numbers that may be of interest. It does suggest that part numbers ending in R are OK.

Hope that's of use.

Rick.