Indicators flashing fast......

WOLF

Reaction score
My indicators on the N/S are flashing fast but the back one not at all,i took the light unit out but the bulb appears to be ok........
The bulb housing for the indicator slot doesnt seem to have power getting to it...The warning panel on the dash shows an indicator fault.

The car is a 2002 avant b6,help appreciated.

They're obviously flashing fast to tell you one bulb is not working. Have you tried another bulb just in case? Or cleaned the connections where the bulb sits into the rear light PCB?

They're obviously flashing fast to tell you one bulb is not working. Have you tried another bulb just in case? Or cleaned the connections where the bulb sits into the rear light PCB?

Yeh cleaned the connection and tried 2 different bulbs:think: still the same.

Side and front indicators working...........

The problem must lie in the PCB or the plug somewhere then I imagine.

A few years ago I had a similar problem on an MG Metro, turned out to be a hairline crack on the PCB, which I soldered across and it worked fine after that.

I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of it, but I have a spare PCB if it comes to that.

Expected with all this rain.
Condensation,moisture,10year old headlights.

Ive got brand new headlights and ive got condensation.

Ive Got some silica bags to put in the units to absorb the moisture.

Expected with all this rain.
Condensation,moisture,10year old headlights.

Ive got brand new headlights and ive got condensation.

Ive Got some silica bags to put in the units to absorb the moisture.

Yeh i guess so,i'll get to the bottom of this this morning hopefully.

I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of it, but I have a spare PCB if it comes to that.

Took the light unit out again,more water than first thought.Cleaned the pcb up as it was all furred up on the contacts and everything now all good.......Im going to have to get a new lamp unit.

Cheers james for the offer of pcb but everythings good:applaus:

No problem, I do have a nearside light unit. It has some scratches from memory, but I can't recall how severe. If it's of interest I can dig it out and look.

No problem, I do have a nearside light unit. It has some scratches from memory, but I can't recall how severe. If it's of interest I can dig it out and look.

If its cheap i can live with a few scratches:yes: