MTM Wheel Refurb Advice

rjm180

Reaction score
Does anyone know please if it is possible to refurb a set of kerbed alloys and then powder coat them from this style:

Polshed Diamond Cut MTM Alloy

To this:

MTM Wheel Shiny Silver

Basically, if they are originally manufactured in the polished /diamond cut style, do they have to stay in the same style.

Many thanks,

Hi,
No, you can have them done to any style. But if they are polished/diamond cut it may take more prep time. But basically, yes they can be done like to how you want above.

Dan

Reactions: rjm180
Many thanks Dan, that's the advice I was hoping for.
They would be going to a professional refurb company where they are I think shot blasted, chemically stripped then powder coated and baked etc ( not 100% sure if that is the correct order )so time taken on prepping may not be too much of an issue. Basically the full treatment.
Cheers

Thanks QJ, they really do look good on a B6 or 7. Haven't quite got hold of them yet but fingers crossed a set might be coming my way very soon.

Ive got some alloys 19" that need a refurb. And would like a high shine silver finish on them. There chrome colour at mo.
Could you fellas give an idea of what i mgt have to pay. Bit clueless.
Cheers.

Give or take around £200 for four (£30-£70 per wheel) :happy:

Edit: not from experience though, wheels don't get refurbed within the lifespan of my cars as they either make constant love with curbs or are changed for new with originals sold making some money back.

Last edited:
Give or take around £200 for four (£30-£70 per wheel) :happy:

Edit: not from experience though, wheels don't get refurbed within the lifespan of my cars as they either make constant love with curbs or are changed for new with originals sold making some money back.

Lmao.

The past refurbs i've had were about £55-£60 plus vat for an 18inch rim and thats for the full treatment I described earlier. Last one was about a year and a half ago so maybe slightly more now.

Last edited: