Hid full beam

vr6gordy

Reaction score
Anyone got full beam hid ?? Do they work ok and come on straight away

yes I have them

they work fine take a few seconds to get to full bightness but they are really bright

go for 4300k no higher as the blue tint on higher is a bit of a pain after a while

never liked the idea of it as how are you meant to flash them?

the same way you flash normal lights!!

I have had mine in for 2 years with no problems flashing!

Lol obviously the first bit, I assumed flashing HID's would knacker the bulbs/ballast quickly which is why they made bi-xenon bulbs.

the amount of time you will actually flash and use them you wont see a significant drop in service life compared to your normal dipped beam as I say 2 years no problems they still work

I had them in my B5 and again no issues, they will flash about 4 or 5 times before tailing off in brightness, but wait a min and they are fine again. But how many times will you be flashin them more than 4 or 5 times anyway in one go?

I had them in mine and got on well with them, had them in for probably a year and had no problem. In reality from cold they take 5 seconds to warm up, and when you're on/off with them they take maybe 2 seconds. For brightness, nothing beats them, they really were quite awesome.

However, when I put HID's in the A6 I didn't do the mains, principally because I missed the instant light of a halogen bulb. I missed being able to fire the mains on for a second just to glimpse the road between oncoming cars etc - with HID's you can't do that. I have just put a set of Philips Xtreme Vision in the mains, they come recommended, but in reality after the HID's they're like yellow candles!