at long last me new A4

zammo6969

Reaction score
It feels like it has taken ages to find the beast i longed for so badly, but now i have it!!! Originally would have liked a fuel burner but this one came along and it satisfied everything i could wish for.

It came with 16 inch alloys but had to rectify that quickly with some 19 inch RS6 Replicas 235/35/19. Ride is a tad more firm but still wonderful. God i love Audis!!!!!!!!

Hope you like as much as moi

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/3806/270120060018qa.jpg

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6158/270120060028rr.jpg

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9836/300120060023eh.jpg

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3157/300120069mm.jpg

Wow that is SEXY! I luuuurve the GMBH body kit along with the RS6's

I am looking at a new car at the moment and you may have inspired me a little more towards the A4 again!

Looking good man - *jealous*

Looks great with the dealer fit body kit and the 19's!

Very nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

BUB

I like it loads - I agree with the others, those wheels look great with it!

the only thing I would do is de-badge the rear, leaving the central audi badge in place only..

IMO the rear view is transformed by this, much simpler and cleaner, and particularly enhances the bodykit view..

Heres a (hasty) before and after mod on your picture, see if you agree or not!

18t1.jpg

18t2.jpg

Ben

Car looks awesome Zammo.

How does it ride on the 19's?

I'm about to buy some RS6 alloys for my avant and am tempted by the 19's as they look great but am worried about ride quality with the lower tyre side wall and higher unsprung weight. Therefore 18's are looking more likely and I have experence of them with my old RS4 reps which have just been sold to make way for RS6's.

Looks fantastic!!!

What body kit is it?

What BHP?

Is it lower than the standard sport?

Wanna swap it for my wife???

Wheels are the biz, I'll throw in the dog as well????

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif

hi fellas....
just wanted to say thanks for taking the time out to post replies, its great to hear from you and your kind words.

Ben, ****** great pic mate, very nice, will now give it some serious thought, was tempted to whip the 1.8T off anyway, but now i can see what it looks like with both off.....looks good!

Simon, i was dubious about the ride quality too, especially as it was like driving on air on the originals, but i had a Focus RS for a couple of years, 225/40/18's and the ride was nicely firm on that. Didnt have a problem with it, so thought if its as half as firm as the RS then i would be very happy and you know what i think it is. They came with Avon ZZ3's and im more than satisfied. Especially with the really low profiles. Bit more tyre noise as you'd expect, but apart from that mate very pleased, hope this helps

jonmusicman, its the GMBH bodykit, had to get one with it on, the best kit i reckon, dont like the S-Line (no offence intended) just it looks right and seems like an extension of the smooth car design. Its got 163bhp, enough for me these days, im only 32 but had to do some growing up after the RS, had 230bhp in that. Its standard suspension for the Sport, and thanks for the offer of the wife and doggy swap......under advisement from her indoors, she likes the car too much, altho she would probaly swap me truth be known, sorry mate!

thanks again guys
zammo
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

Thanks for the info Zammo.

Don't you fancy a remap? I can recommend mrc tuning. Makes a big difference. Not quite focus RS territory but a big difference all the same.

I thought mine was a 163 until I checked the log book and it showed 110kw (150bhp).

Car looks awesome. Did the kit come on it when you bought it or did you put it on. If so where did you get it?
Cheers.

Looks smart as /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif mate.

That kit is that dogs.

One question and sorry to hijack thread, do all 1.9 TDi sports have the 235 tyres on them?

Mines a A4 2004 1.9tdi sport, with the 5 spoke 'star' 17" wheels - and yes they are 235s..

I belive from previous posts that the 17" stars on the A3 only get 225s

Actually I think that is the Votex body kit NOT the Gmbh kit.
The Gmbh kit is the kit on the S line models and very late Sport kits.

[ QUOTE ]
Mines a A4 2004 1.9tdi sport, with the 5 spoke 'star' 17" wheels - and yes they are 235s..

I belive from previous posts that the 17" stars on the A3 only get 225s

[/ QUOTE ]

That's gonna cost me to replace those then...

[ QUOTE ]
Actually I think that is the Votex body kit NOT the Gmbh kit.
The Gmbh kit is the kit on the S line models and very late Sport kits.

[/ QUOTE ]

As discussed many times before it's NOT The GmbH body kit.

It's an Audi Original accessories body kit. You can but it from an Audi dealer in bits (front - Side - rear). They weren't factory fit - dealer or customer fit only.

The 'S-Line' factory body kit is the real GmbH body kit - as it was designed by Quattro GmbH!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

Still a great looking car though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

hey dudes!!!!
thanks for the kind words again, Lynas, thanks the911sc and avus bub for putting me straight on the name of the bodykit. Just the dealer guy told me it was a GMBH is all, but if you say it isnt then thats more than ok by me. Im only a newy to the wonderful world of Audi and know squat!!!!! Well, a little, but thats why you guys are so important, you know your stuff, and its good to know you guys are there!!

Simon, remapping? Perhaps in the future matey, am more than happy for now, but thanks for the recomendation.

bibhigh, it came with the kit on mate, i specified to the dealer i wanted an A4 with it on already, he said it would cost £1800 for it to be sprayed and fitted if i got a car without it, yikes!!!!

keep up the good work fellas

have to say its a 10/10 on styling there dude. awesome subtlety with a hint of muscle.

all those looks without a huge spoiler or a bumper you can scoop up mammals in. Well done.

a perfect example of how it should be done - smooth, clean and OEM looking.

thanks madvw, couldnt have summed it up better meself. Cant get this grin off me face!!!!!
Glad you like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Very confused - always thought that kit was GMBH and then it was changed to S-Line later on...

How much is the kit then to buy from Audi? Approx how much to paint?

well, they quoted me £1800 to £2000 to get it sprayed and fitted. Thats why i wanted an A4 with it already on. didnt want to spend that on top of buying the car

[ QUOTE ]
Very confused - always thought that kit was GMBH and then it was changed to S-Line later on...

How much is the kit then to buy from Audi? Approx how much to paint?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, that kit is the Votex kit that is a Stick on body kit that goes over your existing one. It does not replace any parts. The Votex kit is made by Votex.

The S-line kit is made by Quattro GmbH and thus people call it the Quattro GmbH kit. It also Replaces your existing parts thus you get a smoother look to the fitting.