Engine Bay

Anito

Reaction score
My wife has a B6 Avant. On my old B5 & B7 there is a plastic covering for the back of the engine compartment where the battery, air-con and the various bits and pieces live.

My wife's Avant doesn't have this although it looks like it should. Should it or is it missing?

My one doesn't have the cover.

No idea why the later ones don't.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

BUB

hmm

There on B5
Gone on B6
Back agian for B7

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

cheers

[ QUOTE ]
my B6 avant has one
maybe they was left off after a service/ pollen filter change?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pete, my car NEVER had the full cover. I've no idea why some of the late B6's didn't.

What model is your car?

BUB

My 2002 B6 has the cover but my previous B5 A4, a 1997 car, didn't have it! No consistency from audi at all !!

My B6 S4 did but my mates later one didn't. It's not like they just left the covers off as he doesn't even have the locating lugs.

Mine :

32045535-4747-02000180-.jpg

I can't believe this should be hit and miss. It seems to me like it should be there but some people forget to re-fit them.

?

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe this should be hit and miss. It seems to me like it should be there but some people forget to re-fit them.

?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said my car never had the full cover from day one. Some do, some don't .

I may price one up...........

BUB

My B5 was definitely not supposed to have one - I can remember comparing to a mates facelift B5 and it was obvious that it wasn't just missing from mine - i.e. all the fixings etc to fit the cover were not there either. Can't remember the exact details, just that it looked like there had never been a cover fitted from new. I checked as I thought a previous owner had forgot to refit it.

Funny how some B5s do and some don't and also the same for B6's - weird!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my B6 avant has one
maybe they was left off after a service/ pollen filter change?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pete, my car NEVER had the full cover. I've no idea why some of the late B6's didn't.

What model is your car?

BUB

[/ QUOTE ]

2002 1.9 tdi avant , not sure if it an se or what