Leaky passenger footwell

• Thread starter Deleted member 85022
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 85022

Hello,

I have developed a leak in the footwell on the passenger side of my car. Had a search on here and checked everything I've found d, such as the drain holes under the battery cover. It appears to come in from the pollen filter tray?

I've had the pollen filter tray out and the sponge around it was soaking wet. I put it all back in made sure it wasn't trapped anywhere ands silicone sealed around the outside. This still hasn't cured the leak.

There is a black box which is behind the glovebox which has a hole in it that the water comes out from, but I have no idea where it's coming from being that I've sealed the pollen filter tray and it is no longer wet up there?

Hopefully all that was clear! has anyone experienced this? Is there supposed to be a plug in this hole? Can someone shed some light in this, thanks!

Dan

I would get the battery out as there is a good chance its the gromits underneath it that are supposed to let the chamber drain that are blocked and you will find a puddle underneath the battery. Also if it is pretty damp in the passengers footwell you might want to pull the carpet up and get it all dried out as the ccm is under there and doesn't like getting wet and is quite an expensive replacement.