Loss of power up to 2000rpm

simers

Reaction score
Over the last few days my tdi 130 brake has had an intermittent boosting problem.. I have no power at all until it hits 2000rpm.. The car is doing my nuts in!!!
Anyone any ideas?? Oh btw I don't have a diagnostic machine and all local garages are closed for Xmas...

Can't find any members near me with one.. I'm based in Kildare Ireland... Problem is getting worse... It's not boosting now til I hit close to 3000rpm... Nearly petrol time and a match...

It will be worth investing in VCDS. Even if its just the Lite version and an eBay lead to read the codes.

But you could check all vacuum hoses and boost hoses to rule out any leaks.

Try unplugging your maf and going for a drive to see if that improves things.

But vcds is a must for vag owners.

Dan

Remove the MAF sensor unit and spray some brake cleaner directly onto the sensor inside the unit. Allow to dry thoroughly and re-fit. Worked a treat on my old audi (b5 2.5tdi).

I wouldn't spray brake cleaner on onto a MAF unless you know it's 100% faulty and you haven't got anything to lose. Brake cleaner is very aggressive and is liable to mess up a good MAF. You will then have two problems.
Disconnect the MAF and take it for a drive. If it goes a lot better then it may be the MAF.
Sounds to me though like it's a vacuum problem or N75 issue. Could be a hole in a hose, N75 or the actual actuator on the turbo.
This is a video of the turbo actuator on my Passat. Will be similar to yours.
When the engine is started rod should pull right in . Then as engine is revved and boost builds it should move out.
click on picture to play

Karl.

Cheers Karl... There is no boost leaks anyways as I've checked the hoses and pipes and all seem to be A1... All this car seems to be doin is causing problems lately... Getting sick of her now and don't even have it a year yet...