Which Tints??????? Pictures required A4 Avant 2004

Audi-fiend

Reaction score
Evening folks

Got my A4 avant a few weeks ago and its been keeping me pretty busy. Wiper repairs, DIS, Cruise install, aux belt & tensioner done. Rear pads & discs and the washer level sensor to fit, then HID's, wheels, blah, blah, blah.............

None of this really improves the look of the car to this Saturday the windows are getting done!!!

Not sure how dark to go. The car is metallic black with factory de-chromed trims so should look pretty minted with any tint at all but would be good to see some pics of your cars so I can gauge how much tinting would suit best.

I'm staying legal but not syre whether to get the rear and tailgate darker than the fronts or keep them all the same shade.

Any hints for tints!!!!?

Cheers

I'm sure someone will confirm but I'm sure the windows are factory tinted and the fronts are already as dark as you can go and still be legal.

Cheers IanFM.

There is a slight tint on glass but you can easily see inside the car. Need to join the dark side!!! The guy doing the tints will advise whats still legal, just wondering how it might look finished!!

20130712 184937
5% tint

Would have done the passenger doors but ended up with two for the same side window. Durr.

Thanks

A homer simpson moment!! Luckily someone doing mine for me so no worries there. Ian ill post a pic once mine is done

cheers

Limo on all rears and max legal on the front two always looks best to me, especially with a black car.

Reactions: Steve B5 Biker
I had my rear five bits of glass done for my Avant last Friday, all in dark, so one from limo black and I'm mighty pleased with it. The car after mine was a B6 S4 too, Avant as well, he went for the same colour!

B5 TINTS
just be advised, if you go too dark on fronts you will get stopped at some point.
ive had to remove my fronts as pc plod was gonna put prohibition notice on if I didn't remove em lol...:busted_cop:

Fair play haha car looks good though! :icon_thumright: stop me 1+ times a week for no reason or "there's been lots of burgalry's/crimes with Audi's" blah blah... well it wasn't me so don't pull me. Then yesterday I actually break the law doing double the speed limit bombing off the line with my friends car and they see us, pull us to the side, then let us go with no caution, speeding fine, points or anything. Justice system baffles me (not that I'm complaining with the outcome haha).

Thanks for comment DJ, to be honest im seriously wantin to re tint fronts bit is it worth the hassle?
the law is stupid anyhow, in my mind I can see out fine, i think its just plod cos they cant see wot im doing,
ie; god forbid eatin an apple,
or on mi phone etc....
Which I don't do before anyone has a rant ive got parrot so no need lol..

Reactions: DieselJake
I got caught at the Scott arms, pulled over by basmati restaurant, had to pull front tints out there and then, tbf, they were nice enough about it, as was I, they only doing there job!
Plus didn't want them to find what was hidden! Lol

the law is stupid anyhow, in my mind I can see out fine, i think its just plod cos they cant see wot im doing,

Personally I like to see other motorists are looking my way when I'm approaching junctions etc, it's somewhat unnerving approaching a junction and not being able to see into a blacked out drivers window.

Also, by definition if the light transmission into a car is reduced, then visibility out is going to be reduced too....

Thanks everyone for advice. Defo staying legal on front windows anyway. Weather permitting ill stick up a pic once its done tnen either tell me how snidey or amazing it looks! !! !

cheers

I got caught at the Scott arms, pulled over by basmati restaurant, had to pull front tints out there and then, tbf, they were nice enough about it, as was I, they only doing there job!
Plus didn't want them to find what was hidden! Lol

That's right near my house :happy:

Personally I like to see other motorists are looking my way when I'm approaching junctions etc, it's somewhat unnerving approaching a junction and not being able to see into a blacked out drivers window.

Also, by definition if the light transmission into a car is reduced, then visibility out is going to be reduced too....

Either way liability is the same... although of course if you comment on driver visibility this may work in your favour if an incident occurs.