Badger5JMB Retrofits
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stu_m

Thread: Cruise,Dis & washer sensor

5th Gear

Status

Cruise,Dis & washer sensor

Over the christmas and new year break i plan on doing the cruise and Dis mod, i have most of the parts now and will be adding the washer level sensor, having read lots of threads on here and various other forums i have most of the information i need,the install should be straight forward but the coding is a different story, i will be using a different sccm and understand that i will have to get the new sccm to learn the vehicle vin, this is where i require more information.Does anyone have a "how to " of what actually needs coding or any links to a write up and also the connecting of the washer sensor, i read that the other end of the wire from pin 1 in the instrument cluster goes to a plug in the passenger footwell?, does anyone know if this is indeed correct or can i just earth one side of the sensor and then run the other side directly to pin 1?Any help with this gratefully recieved as always,Matt
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    To make the SCSM “learn” the car’s VIN (using Vag-Com): Step 1. Go into [Adaptation – 10] Step 2. Select channel 81 Step 3. Select New Value = 00111 Step 4. Hit enter on your keyboard, or click [Save] Step 5. Select [Done, Go Back]

6th Gear

Status
    Mike

B6 A4 1.9 TDI Sport 130 - GMBH/S-Line kit - Akoya Silver
    - BUILD THREAD >>

5th Gear

Status
    Thank you for the replys, I am having no end of problems trying to post via ipad or iphone but all seems to work on my laptop, hope it's all sorted soon.
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

2nd Gear

Status
    I'd like to know how you get on as I'm planning the same mod. Where a outs do you live mate?

I HAVE THE OPTION CODES

Status
    Hi, Eventually did mine this week cruise and DIS all working well apart from the dreaded washer bottle low warning.

Someone did say somewhere that there is a block connector in the passenger footwell that you can earth out a pin I am sure they said pin 9 on the black connector so I tried this today and I still got the warning :-(

Can anyone tell me the colour of the wire at the passenger footwell a pic would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Si

2nd Gear

Status
    run a wire from pin 1 behind the clocks cant 100% remember which plug think its one closest to drivers door, and run it to one of the earthing points under the dash there are plenty

im saying this and i still havnt done mine, lived with it for months now haha
    Mods done: interior: Light to dark conversion, To Do: Carbon trim, carpet to be replaced, rear window retrofit. Exterior: Resprayed in Skoda's Rallye Green, 18" RS4 reps fitted, xenons, LED sidelights/NumberPlate lights, B Pillars wrapped in carbon. To Do: Lowering 35mm all round, tints, Tuning: Yet to do exhaust/remap/ egr delete etc..

I HAVE THE OPTION CODES

Status
    Damn wish I had done that when all the cowl was stripped down 😒

Peeps say that the B7 can be done in passenger footwell ?

Si

5th Gear

Status
    its the one furthest from the drivers door

you can do it from the footwell but its tight and fiddly I would remove the clocks if you can its only 2 screws althought they are atwat to get back in

pull the clocks out with the left hand side out more as this si the side where the plug is

1st Gear

Status
    A4 2.5 tdi Q sport '02 AKE, "minor modder", 18x8's S4 Avus , Zender Monza's 18x8.5's, aero wipes, interior trim, dis and cruise, real s4 mirror caps, rns-e led, dble din, VCDS owner-learner - GMBH next

I HAVE THE OPTION CODES

Status
    Ok thanks all,

Really would rather do it from passenger footwell if anyone can help?

Also I have a dis stalk for a saloon for sale if anyone interested

Si

5th Gear

Status
    remove the bottom panel get upside down fiddle about for ages till you get the plug out

do the bits needed struggle to plug it in earth it job done

5th Gear

Status
    So now after having done steering arms and track rods next week the next one will be the cruise/ dis, i would much prefer to fit a washer bottle sensor than earth out the pin, has anyone dine this? And if so where do the two wires from the new sensor go?
    Thanks in advance,
    Matt

5th Gear

Status
    I will finally be doing the cruise/ dis on tuesday, as i will be changing my sccm i have a couple of questions.
    If it goes tits up will i still be able to drive the car although the dash will be lit up like blackpool! And should i take a note of any of the original codes?
    Thanks as always
    Matt

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.M View Post
    Just looking at this link ahead of the install, mine is an Avant so would my code need to be 00142 rather than 00111 to get the ecu to learn the vin?