Darkside Avant

666markyboy

Reaction score
Just spotted this whilst researching Clutch replacment.... anyone know much about it?? it's a B6 but has the swage line of a B7 so i'm guessing B7 full front end and doors... and then the rear panels modded somehow.... looks really nice I'm thinking of getting Darkside to do the full clutch change... their website says £240 inc VAT to do a 6 speed clutch swap... obviously around £430 on top of that for new clutch kit and DMF but i don't know if they will want more because my cars Quattro... got to ring them tomorrow...anyone else used them ?? good bad ??Audi A4 Avant 1.9 8v TDI (AWX)

Bring it down to London and i will do it for you, i have a garage with ramp and all, also have trade accounts with various motor factors so i can save you money on bits as well...

Was looking at Darkside products they seem like a well established company, with some proper goodies for TDI power! if only I had the spare cash!!!

Darkside puts a high mark-up on their products, they source their products cheaply enough and charge an arm and leg for the privilege. I am not dissing Darkside, Ryan is a nice chap and he worked hard to get where it's at now, it's just that you can get cheaper products of similar quality for a bit less ! However, quality and expertise cost money so in the end might cost you more money if you try to save a few quid...

well he's charging £430 for a full LUK kit with release bearing and flywheel bolts which is the cheapest I can get them all for ... I appreciate he's getting it at trade and then he's charging £240 to fit it... which I think is quite reasonable ..... with that I get a guarantee which I wouldn't if I fitted it myself plus he has experience of having done them before.... I could do it myself but really at this time of year I can't be *****...... if the guy does a good job , makes a few quid himself without totally ripping me off then it's all good by me.... incidentally , this is the first time in my 46 years that I've let someone else work on one of my cars.... I'm getting old lol

From experience, id take adams up on his offer. However if you after crazy HP maybe stick with darkside.

well he's charging £430 for a full LUK kit with release bearing and flywheel bolts which is the cheapest I can get them all for ... I appreciate he's getting it at trade and then he's charging £240 to fit it... which I think is quite reasonable ..... with that I get a guarantee which I wouldn't if I fitted it myself plus he has experience of having done them before.... I could do it myself but really at this time of year I can't be *****...... if the guy does a good job , makes a few quid himself without totally ripping me off then it's all good by me.... incidentally , this is the first time in my 46 years that I've let someone else work on one of my cars.... I'm getting old lol
I think Euro Car Parts does the full kit for around the same price, did you price the kit over the phone or you look on the website ? Reason i ask is their website prices don't include VAT and it might not be what it seems, however £240 for fitting is rather expensive when most places do it for £150-£200... Anyway, it's down to you who you go to, traveling and money spent on fuel might even out and be not much difference at the end of the day... I used to do it on my drive for friends and i take the engine out every time, however now that i have a ramp it's easier to take the box out ! At the end of the day we all getting to the same result, just in different ways... some days you have to work very hard for a few hundred quid... Good luck !