Avant - the strive for perfection

and that help will be getting returned when we finally get a dry weekend up here……. :)

Well just picked up a full service kit plus a thermostat and temp sensor from tps which can mean only one thing..... Service Sunday!

Reactions: ruffrida
I'm an idiot. I forgot to get coolant. I know its supposed to be G13 that goes in these cars but can I use G30? I was thinking about just replacing the whole lot when I do the Thermostat and sensor anyway?!?

Numpty…… please make sure yours is finished by the time I turn up! See you tomorrow bud……. (and I have no idea about the G30 stuff)….

2 full services and a temp sensor replacement plus a front end off and back on a mitsubishi lancer not a bad days work considering its pouring and freezing!

New issue for today..... drivers door electrics not working and won't central lock. I have my suspicions that it is probably the door loom as it passes through the rubber boot between the body and the door?!? Anything else to check while I am at it?

Ok folks exposed the wires that run from the car into the door and sure enough pretty much all of them are broken to some degree. I have managed to bodge it up for now so my central locking etc is working but does anyone have the part number for the loom so I can just replace it? Also any indication of price would be much appreciated?

Finished changing over my door cards today so now have marker lights and at some point will splice in some white leds to give puddle lights as well. I had 5 mins spare at the end so thought I would try my first ever vinyl wrapping. Its far from perfect but gives me a good idea of what's to come.

Uploadfromtaptalk1400095136926

Uploadfromtaptalk1400095160898

Did your car come with reflectors originally? If so where did you connect the wiring to?

Yes it was just the reflectors originally. Its complete new door wiring looms that I have fitted from a car that had them as standard.

Nice one Shaun

I only realised today we will have to learn your new ac controls to the car again I your fitting a new one.

Couple of trails today to see if I like or not.

Spot the difference?
Uploadfromtaptalk1400327429545
Uploadfromtaptalk1400327454912

And a temporary job to see if I like it or not
Uploadfromtaptalk1400327497392

Ok so pressed on with the vinyl wrapping in a spare bit of time today and got the door trims finished.

That will probably be it for a few weeks as she is going into the body shop for a few days to get a front end and rear bumper respray and the window tints done. Then the seats are getting shampooed while I'm on holiday.

When I get back I will be focusing on my interior plans so hopefully by mid summer I will be happy with her apart from the suspension which won't be happening until funds allow.

Forget the windows and interior, crack on with the suspension mate it's well worth it.

I've just fitted all new arms, links, bushes, shocks, and springs on the front end and it's like a new car.

So quick update need after the last few weeks.

Work done

Front and rear respray
Front grilles nd rings sprayed black
Roof bars done to match
Windows tinted
Armrest fitted
New head unit fitted with double din conversion

u6eqahur.jpg

pugy2yse.jpg

9e9etyre.jpg

u4u8uras.jpg

hyra6yhu.jpg

dadegepy.jpg

Reactions: jbcalvin and sumo
Cheers ruff.

Its the xtron unit. Pretty good for the price although fitting isn't the easiest

The roof rails are back to silver just now as it was just a trial and I'm undecided exactly what overall look I'm for.

Love me chrome rails me, but the door look well against ya window trims.
Thought it was xtron. Why did ya have problems?

When i connected it all up the sound was coming out all the wrong speakers so had to cut and splice a bunch of wires, the radio signal is crap so need to whip it out and see whats going on, very little space to hide all the wires and it is an overly tight fit when you try to push it into the dash. Nothing major just a few little things really

When i connected it all up the sound was coming out all the wrong speakers so had to cut and splice a bunch of wires, the radio signal is crap so need to whip it out and see whats going on, very little space to hide all the wires and it is an overly tight fit when you try to push it into the dash. Nothing major just a few little things really

My Xtrons unit has exactly the same speaker wiring problem. I just put the balance and fade into the middle and they all work. The radio reception is pretty bad on mine also.

You need a radio signal booster I had to put one in mine cheap and easy. Plug it in ypur radio connect your antenna in the input and wire to the switched live

Sabaxter beat me to it hahha.

That sounds fun IanFM, and ya right the is zero room behind the HU,when I upgraded mine i had to add another wiring harness,so was load of fun trying get it back in,didnt help that I have an Nokia blue tooth contacted to it as well,which has a control unit box,so another thing to squeeze in lol

You need a radio signal booster I had to put one in mine cheap and easy. Plug it in ypur radio connect your antenna in the input and wire to the switched live

Done that, fitted a PC5-52 but the reception is still s**t compared to the original radio.

Looking forward to seeing these mods at the weekend buddy.......

Don't forget to bring a spade and empty your boot so you take that roof box home.... :)

Looking forward to seeing these finished mate,can you work faster:arco:

great work!

I've got the new discs, pads, and calipers in a box in the kitchen to do the same. It's been there about six months now, I can just never find time to get it done.
I found it a worth while upgrade on my Bora so it should be the same on the Avant.

Booked in next Monday for clutch, dmf, gearbox mounts and gearbox oil change!

Reactions: ruffrida
Picked the car back up today and wow what a difference. Vibrations gone clutch slip gone and silky smooth gear changes.

Did the garage supply and fit, or did you supply the parts just paying for the labor?
If it's the latter how much did they charge you?