Lowering sline suspension

• Thread starter Deleted member 85022
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 85022

Hi,New to the forum and have just been looking around for a couple of weeks trying to find bits and pieces out to help me with my own car.I've got a question about lowering my car with lowering springs. They say that my car could drop up to 30mm, but being that I am already on sline suspension am I likely to see that much of a drop?If anyone can shed some light even with pictures of their sline avant on lowering springs that would be great!ThanksDan

Sport/s-line suspension is 20mm lower than standard, so if the lowering springs state 30mm for example it will be an additional 10mm drop from what you have now

Thanks! Probably need to get something more than 30mm springs! Has anyone used the eibach springs?

Has anyone ran Eibach!? The majority of people here who have changed springs are running them, more than 30's too much in my opinion but if you fancy it there's always sportline, would be best changing dampers with them too. Better off with bags or coilovers though if your indecisive about how low.

Eibach are the best in my opinion and the sport pro springs (30mm) will lower the sport/s-line suspension 10mm which on the back would be the most I go on mine for example as already only have a finger gap.........with the front possibly 10mm is not enough so possibly add the B5 perches which lower about 20mm to bring it all level with the back.

B5 perches lowered the front of my B7 A4 12mm.

I have H&R on my b6 Quattro sport and they dropped it 20-25 mm and looks just right and ride is really good.

Best place to get b5 perches? Main dealer? Just feel the front end needs to be dropped and levelled out with the back.Appreciate all the help. First time having a car that I'd like to mod so really want to do it right the first time.Dan

Yes, I brought mine from the main dealer £52.76 inc VAT.

You can also get them from VW TPS who actually supply the dealers with the genuine parts if you are in the trade or know someone who is as they will be cheaper but the same as the dealer

Sweet! Will see what I can get hold of! And get someone else to fit it, as I don't really want to! Read a few threads to fit these, and it doesn't seem fun?

The control arm pinch bolt can be a right PITA!

Has anyone got photos of a4 a ants with lowered slime suspension? Could anyone post pictures and what they have used to lower and how much by. Also wheel size would be cool!Thanks.

When fitting the B5 perches does anything else from the B5 need fitting, such as top mounts?

Also does anyone have the part numbers for the parts needed?

hi pal,i believe you dont its just a case of getting the strut off,taking spring off and knocking old preches off and banging new ones on but obviously check the top mounts for wear!
i believe the b5 perches just allow the spring to sit slightly lower hence lowering it.
if anyone has any before and after pics of the b5's fitted would much appreciatte it!

Ah right, I'm going to be changing the top mounts anyway as it would be daft not to. I'm going to order some febi bushes of eBay, but can you buy the bearings on their own from the dealers, I assume these have bearings like the Mk4 platform?

Part numbers for the perches would be nice though, I hate going to the dealers without part numbers. Or is there a specific spec B5 they need to come from?

Reactions: Duck
Here is the post I had to buy the parts from Stoke audi (a site sponsor on here, who do post too)

I don't have pics of them fit, well I do, but I also fit 40 mm lowering springs at the same time, so it won't help ha!

I imagine those prices are slightly out of date, but shouldn't be too much more now as it was only a year or so ago.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?p=1737959

And no nothing else needs fitting from the b5 suspension. However, if you do remove the pinch bolts, but new ones as it's highly unlikely they'll come out in one piece.

Quick question if anyone can help,

I found some apex springs that say they will lower the car 40mm. This obviously only equates to 20mm on sline. They give max weights on the axles, will the weight affect how close I get to dropping the 20mm? Or is it going to be a 20mm drop regardless of weight?

Thanks
Dan