Audi A4 B6 Multitronic Gearbox (18034)

ukziggy

Reaction score
Hello..

I'm a owner of an Audi A4 B6 04 plate with a multitronic gearbox transmission. Its has been a couple of weeks now that when i am driving in normal conditions after 5 to 10 mins the transmisson will loose all gears and the PRNDS lights will start to flash on the dash.

Having this problem occur now all the time i had someone come round to read the TCM on the gearbox and the faults showed up as DTC 18034 CAN engine/transmission communication, missing message - intermittent.

Now i was adviced to have the TCM checked out so i did i sent TCM off to have it tested and the report come back as TCM was working as it should do meaning no faults found.

I want to know if anyone has had this problem before and if so what was the casue..?

also does anyone have any wiring diagrams on the TCM side of things from ECU to tcm..?

please help.

Cheers ziggy

Attachments

• 20131127_223652.jpg
    20131127_223652.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 772
Hi and Welcome. When the PRND lights up in bold red/flashes this normally indicates that the ECU is faulty. As you have suggested already. I would be inclined to get a 2nd opinion on the ECU.

Otherwise it sounds like a chase of the wiring harness and searching for a broken wire/chaffed wiring/Insecure connectors etc....

Try using VCDS for a scan to see if it offers any other codes.

Dan

Wiring gremlins are sad times, I hope you get it sorted dude, let us know how your investigations go.