quite impressed

deano1978

different gear
Reaction score
Ive had my motor just over a year now,and some of the mods ive done are in my sig.
Iv always self seviced around 5-6k miles,one due now.

Ive never been a light footer,but,have never reved past 2k till engines warm and have always been gentle on acceleration.

So in owning my motor ive never tried to get great mpg. Ive recently started a job which is 65 miles there, 65 miles back.

Today i drove there not going over 65 with stop and starts and achieved...
DSC_0452.jpg

Which i was quite suprised with.
i filled up yesterday to the brim,and when i arrived at work (after doing 72miles) i still had...

DSC_0456.jpg

Il keep this up till tanks empty. Be nice if i cld get over 800miles to a tank.

Il be back ;-)

My allroad v6 tdi does 42Mpg at 80-90Mph with a loaded trailer (500kg trailer and 1200kg car) on 20" wheels and full boot of tools, not bad for a 2 tonne barge ! See how it does pull from 80 to 100Mph with the trailer on the back- had to take it easy as the Loba stage 1 rs4 clutch slips ! The beauty is the v6 is cheaper to insure than a 1.9 tdi + it has a big turbo and big nozzles as well...

I think you should take tools out trailer off,16" alloys and drive around 60mph and report back...

That's rather boring + the 01E gearbox has been optimized to do good mileage on autobahn at speeds of about 100Mph ! I don't like the allroad gearbox one bit, it's ratios are made primarily for towing and it revs to much, on the other a6 i have 100Mph = 3000rpm's ! That's much better for cruising, seen up to 60Mpg driving like miss daisy ! However the turbo lag and the way map is done means i cannot drive 50Mph in 6th, the flywheel will not last much ! I tend to drive my cars much like a petrol engine, higher revs mean more air in the pistons, cooler charge and better oil lubrication...When you can still do 30Mpg flat out, tenner extra on fuel does not make much difference ! The 4 cyl are great on fuel though...

Thats just it. Nobody likes driving like miss daisy. Constantly everyone whizzin past you.

Optimised gearbox? Yes please

It would b nice to know that if i wanted to get 700-800 miles. I could.

that is impressive!! cant wait to get my DIS enabled so i can see what MPG i'm doing while driving!

I worked out my MPG from brimming the tank and somehow i got 40MPG by driving like said miss daisy! maybe i maid a error on my workings out but scrumpled up the receipt in disgust. lol

My allroad v6 tdi does 42Mpg at 80-90Mph with a loaded trailer (500kg trailer and 1200kg car) on 20" wheels and full boot of tools, not bad for a 2 tonne barge ! See how it does pull from 80 to 100Mph with the trailer on the back- had to take it easy as the Loba stage 1 rs4 clutch slips ! The beauty is the v6 is cheaper to insure than a 1.9 tdi + it has a big turbo and big nozzles as well...

You are an accident waiting to happen towing at those speeds!!

Reactions: kanecullen89
I'm not even allowed to tow past 60mph on blue lights!

Forgot about this post. I got 720 miles out of that full tank,which worked out average 50mpg.

You are an accident waiting to happen towing at those speeds!!
I would not like to contradict you but them 60 Mph limit were implemented since the days of morris marina's towing big caravans and without proper steering, suspension and brakes ! i can assure you that my car is in better mechanical nick than new cars of the showroom and every part has been upgraded to keep with the power upgrade ! I also tow a purpose made ifor williams heavy duty trailer which tracks and brakes straight and it's only 2 years old...no shed made rubbish !
I actually get frustrated when you see coffin dodgers driving in the middle lane whilst the inside lane is empty and they look kinda surprised that a car with a trailer behind drives faster than they do so ! Also it gets on my nerves when you drive in the rain behind lorries overtaking other lorries and you getting water spray for miles because they take ages to overtake each other ! It's more dangerous for me to drive behind them instead of me being able to pull into the fast line for a perfectly safe and smooth overtaking but it's NOT allowed so i have to make sure i keep the distance and hope the lorry that's just been overtaken does not moves to overtake the overtaker !

Reactions: BRILLO
I am impressed with 56 mpg. I cannot get more then 42 normal drive. Just to compare same style driving BMW 320 diesel on the same root I get 58 mpg. I cannot complain how it pulls but seems that something is wrong with my AWX 1.9 TDI. Thinking of remap to see if it gets any better. I've been trying different MAF, temp sensor is OK, serviced fine.

On the other side I had older AFN B5 estate. I've made 72 mpg on 400 miles 70% motorway driving and that was the best and most economical car I've ever owned.

What's wrong with my 1.9tdi Quattro then I'm only getting about 440 max miles to a full tank boo boo lol