EM TuningMonster Motorsport

Thread: Turbo upgrade

2nd Gear

Status

Turbo upgrade

Hi I have been trying to source an upgraded turbo for my a4 1.9tdi I was wanting a bv turbo but they seem thin on the ground and came accross a unit for the awx engine code with these specs GT1752 Spec Stage 2 (Uprated main bearings, 360deg large pad thrust bearing, balanced to higher tolerance, larger high flow compressor wheel +4.2mm,. Could some one confirm if this turbo would work. On my engine with supporting mods obviously.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    52mm compressor will work however i would have a larger turbine machined at the same time, the gt17 turbine is pretty maxed out as it is... Buy a gt2052v turbo then use the compressor, turbine and vnt ring within your own gt1749va housing...
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

2nd Gear

Status
    You surely know your stuff mate where as it's all over my head a bit. I was just going to buy it as it's advertised as a hybrid that will fit my engine how would it exspect to perform etc Adams's24 will it be worth purchasing ? I think it is advertised as an original turbo off awx engine with the modifications as above if that makes sense lol

6th Gear

Status
    Hybrids are ok if done properly ! As i said the gt17 turbine is pretty maxed out and the 52mm compressor is good to push enough air however, modern turbos have extended tip technology and better inconell shafts and 6+6 blades so they surge less ! As i said, only upgrading the compressor works to some extent, i would upgrade the turbine to a stronger/larger gt20 turbine for good measure, however that will need a new VNT ring from the donor turbo...
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm now very apprehensive about purchasing this unit lol Adams's24 is their any chance you could build me one as then I know I'm deffinately getting a good turbo as you sound very experienced ?.