Just changed from A3 to A4

necroeire

Reaction score
And I'm lovin it. I had a 2002 Black A3 and bought myself a 2001 A4 1.9TDi Sport 130bhp. Great car. Here are the first two pics I took on Saturday just after I picked it up.

Any thoughts on wheels, what's the best looking and what other mods should I be looking into?

PICT0468a.jpg

PICT0467a.jpg

looks nice. first thing I did was give the lower bit of chrome a really good seeing to. it unclips quite easily and polishes up nicely.
already got non std wheel hasn't it?
chas

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifHi, Nice car and colour, I too went from a black 2002 1.6 A3 to a black 01 A4 1.8 turbo 150bhp, I traded it last year for a silver 04 1.8 turbo 190bhp. With regard to mods on my 01 I got the lowers painted to match the body colour, I lowered the car with H&R springs and Koni adjustable shocks, I fitted S4 mirrors, door extension, front grill and boot spoiler and 18"RS4 alloys.

Yes loads, can't remember how to post on forumn, if you want send me your e-mail address?

Hi chazzy thanks for the advice. What did you use to polish it up? I don't want to use the wrong thing and peel all the chrome off the trim.

Necro.

Frank can you post some pics please?

Interested in spraying the black trim so it matches better.
Also my first mod will be new wheels.

Was thinking of the new style RS4s from Rockford (Replicas for sure)

The best thing you can do on these cars is to get plain number plates. The bumpers are designed to have a flush fitting plate. If you notice on most dealers plates, they have a tab that covers the chrome part and an ugly ill-fitting black surround (same on rear). In my opinion it looks a mess. I have exactly the same model and year as yourself only with the 5 spoke trapeze alloys. Once the new plates were on (stick on plates, no screws) and the chrome all polished it looked miles better. It actually cleaned up the front of the car.

How dealers have the nerve to ruin such clean lined cars is beyond me.

Hey thanks for the advice Marko, btw what did you use to clean the chrome?

Also any pics of the alloys?

Necro

I think i used autoglym SRP, i didn't press too hard just let the gloop work its way off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
My number plates are "normal " depth and just have double sided foam tape holding them on.

cheers
Chas

Hi NecroEire

I've attached some photos of the alloys (Audi ones so I'm sure you will have seen them about) and the car with the new number plates. Only front shots though. You will see how it cleans the front of the car. I polished the chrome parts with ordinary car polish. I'm a big fan of Jewel Ultra products and use the Diamond brite. You can order on line. It has two stages. First get's rid of grime then you apply the stage 2 on top. I think it's great. Audi used it, they may still do.

Cheers
Mark

Ok, it would appear I can't attached photos. I would have though it possible to do so. Anyone tell me how???

Cheers