Boot carpet ??

vr6gordy

Reaction score
My boot carpet is looking a bit grubby so I want to clean it , can I power wash it ???

i wouldn't, i have used brake cleaner in the past and a cloth to blot it / soak it back out. A lot depends on what type of carpet it is

Treat stubborn stains with 1001 carpet cleaner, but don't soak it. Work in circular motion and remove excess foam. Only need a capful and half a bucket of warm water. If you have access to a steam cleaner, such as Polti then this can revive it to showroom condition, assuming the carpet is just grubby.

Had a go with some break cleaner today and it looks a lot cleaner

I can also vouch for 1001 carpet cleaner diluted big time in a bucket of hot water, i have cleaned a few seats especially with this stuff, agitate yes but depends on the fabric and what to use, i have just done the seats in my A3 (jacquard satin) and they can take a stiff brush but with the seat quite well soaked, i then use old towels to soak it out i don't like using a wet vac as it pulls too much crap out of the seat foam, the towel is gentler. First time i used 1001 was on some pale grey polo seats on a car car in cyprus full of sweat, dust and sun tan oil they came back like new.