cat delete!

deano1978

different gear
Reaction score
Ordered and recieved this from germany
Screenshot_2013-11-30-10-47-23.png

Turns out its wrong part. My cat starts about mid way upto the turbo?
One long piece!

Anyone else come across this?

Oh and it was listed as audi a4 1.9 tdi avant. 2001-2004 decat pipe.
Even listed my avf engine!!!!

Looking at the pipe work it looks like i need this. Its off the same motor but petrol version

Screenshot_2013-11-30-12-19-57.png

Dunno if it's the same mate but im sure on my 1.8t the cat is just to the left of the engine and it kinda goes under the firewall

Hate to be the barer of bad news but read about people on other forums with the same issue, guy I read about ended up buying a new downpipe because of this, then again could always weld it to your existing pipe, load of hassle either way I guess.

Yes i starting to think hassel, think im going to get some sort of flexi pipe...not sure.
****** sending back to germany!

thats the same shape as my cat though!!

mines a 1.9tdi avb engine code

I have the same engine code but in the quattro and have just received the same de-cat pipe as you bought.
I take it this won't fit either?

Ordered and recieved this from germany
Screenshot_2013-11-30-10-47-23.png

Turns out its wrong part. My cat starts about mid way upto the turbo?
One long piece!

Anyone else come across this?

I have that de-cat on my '04 1.9tdi Quattro Avant and it's fine (AVF engine code). My cat was right next to the turbo. I didn't realise there was different types.

Deano, do you have a link/website address to the ETS pipe please bud.

TIA

:)

Looking forward to getting it on. Turbo end looks simple but the other is a different story. Proper rusty.

Don't get on from ETS I bought one for my passat and I leaked on the flexi so I tried to send it back in the end I settled for a refund

Fitted mine today, took over an hour angle grinding and dremmeling the rusty rounded bolts off. Will be interested to see the difference!

Gaz! Have a look at my build thread, got some mid rebuild pics with the decay fitted.

FYI Mine had the short seperate cat link, jointed by the gearbox to the turbo. Not the longer pipe running down to the hanger.