Shall I be disappointed or not???

Piedone

Reaction score
Hi all
I have wanted for a long time now (about 5 years)an audi a4 2.5 tdi quattro.A month ago I have sold my volvo s60 which I didn't t like it and bought on eBay my dream for 2300 pounds.
Since then I replaced the tyres with 4 brand new winter ones,Done the timing belt,tensioners and water pump,changed oil and all filters,changed driver seat,fitted HID lights,done the wheel alignment too.After all this work I still have an issue with the glow plug loght coming on intermittent and another fault is the slip ring on steering wheel.
Today I had a guy looking at the faults with his VAG machine and first words where,,ah 2.5 hmmm all expensive not so good'''
Is this car so bad?Is that expensive?I m so disappointed I wanted this car soooo much and now people just laugh at me and I really need help.
Can someone please help me with some advice and I don't care how far are you I will get to you if you want me too.
Please help!!!:sorry:

If you have your glowplug light coming on - have you replaced your glowplugs?

Airbag slip-ring isnt too difficult - pop off the airbag, remove the steering wheel - the slip ring can be replaced for one with the same part number.

The 2.5 is a good engine if running well. There are a few frequent issues people have but it is all down to how they have been maintained in the past.

Piedone, i think the mechanics you have seen are a bunch of cowboys ! If you're romanian then give me a ring on 07789912128 to discuss further, living in Edgware is just a stone throw from Muswell Hill, N. London..

Thanks for replies guys.I didn't t change the glow plugs yet I will in the end and Adamss24 I will call you as I got your number.What time will be best?I work at the moment in a night shift but I can call u during the day as well.I work from 19:00 till 07:00 am.
Thank you once again.