Wind noise Driver's Door?

Spacer

Reaction score
Hey guys,

OK got wind noise from the driver's door. Seems to be coming from wing mirror direction. I say that is where it seems to be coming from - it may not be.

Have had the car over a year and it was there when I bought it but as the window regulator was broken I just assumed that the window wasn't fully closed due to this and that it would sort itself out when I got the regulator replaced. Long story short; got the regulator replaced and it's still there. I took out tape and taped up all around the window, the wing mirror and where the door meets the car (meaning I had to enter and exit via passenger side) but still have the noise. I did this to rule out worn seals.rubbers.

All I'm looking for is ideas or pointers on things to check. The noise starts around 55mph and peaks about 60mph.

What do you think?

May be check the actual window,try n put some sort of wedges around it,to perform a better seal,mgt be coming through windows?

Or mayb tape up outside n c where that gets you.

I had this after changing window reg. Really annoying, stripped door, checked everything, all ok.
Bought some heko deflectors, noise now gone ;)

I had this after changing window reg. Really annoying, stripped door, checked everything, all ok.
Bought some heko deflectors, noise now gone ;)

Very interesting so would suggest that your problem was actually your window not closing tightly against the seal if a deflector sorted it. I will try and tape that area again tomorrow to see if it helps.

May be check the actual window,try n put some sort of wedges around it,to perform a better seal,mgt be coming through windows?

Or mayb tape up outside n c where that gets you.

I taped the whole outside of the door/window mate.

What I have now come to realise is that there is wind noise on the passenger side too which I am pretty sure matches that on the driver's but it can be hard to tell as sometimes it sounds as if it's coming from the rear. Really need someone else in the car to diagnose that issue.

I will update thread as I work through this if even for others reading who may have similar probs.

Kris that's a nice kit n your car. What is it?

Looking something like this for my saloon.

The noise I had seemed to be from the top corner of door/window where the rubber met the b pillar, fitting the heko deflectors seemed to have tightened the gap.

It's the factory gmbh kit on my car with A5 alloys.

Reactions: Spacer
Right I kind of isolated this wind noise to the left and right wing mirror areas. Just need to find out now what causes wind noise in those locations!