A6 avant 1.9 tdi sport, whens high miles too high

doubledoyle

Reaction score
Hi guys

Sorry for my first post, ive been looking for a a4 or a6 avant 1.9tdi for a while now,
one has turned up local its a 2002 a6 tdi sport 6 speed, leather, 18" wheels etc,
the advertised mileage was 112000 buy after a call the garage is saying its had a speedo change and is more likely 200000.
apparently its been serviced every 5000 miles and is as tight as a 100000 mile car,
its priced at £1500.

Now if I buy should I expect some large bills in the future? I only do 30 - 40 miles a week.

There are plenty of taxi's around with 400K miles plus so they will do the miles if looked after. As long as it has a good service history and cam belt changed every 60K with a new clutch/ DMF at some time then it should be OK.
You can check some history from MOT'S .

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history-vehicle

£1500 sounds a bit pricy though so I would be knocking them down.
6 speed box do have issues with the diff bearings so make sure it's quiet, Take it for a good long run to get upto temp. Check the coolant is a nice pinky red colour, brown sludge walk away.

The engines are very good, just make sure it all works, suspension is the weak point if it hasn't had some shocks, bushes and arms then you need to budget for them

Thanks guys ill bear that in mind
ive also found this one, a few more miles but really good service history