What standard suspension do I have?

vwgtiking

Reaction score
I have a b6 Limited edition. The suspension is oem and looks lower or sportier than standard b6s. So just wondering what I have.

In what way is it a limited edition?

You will have either Sport or SE suspension, if you have a three spoke steering wheel and sports seats with electric lumbar it's a Sport and the suspension is 20mm lower than standard.

It is a 1.8t LE. It has all black trim inside. And a nice std body kit.

You either have a Sport or an S-Line then by the sounds of it. Both have standard sports suspension.

Limited edition because it was only produced between the years of 2001-2005? Haha, send pics or the reg and we'll tell you whether it's sport/se/s-line.

There was I think a LE produced pre S-Line with the 1.8T engine in it. I don't know much about it, but JAS11N has one I believe.

** edited because I shouldn't really post my reg in a forum **

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hijack, but something has been on my mind for a long while and I never really got an answer on another forum. Between the SE and Sport models, what are the exact suspension differences besides one being 20mm lower? For example, are the ARB's different? I noticed when tinkering with my bro's 1.9TDI Sport Avant that it has a factory welded strut brace across the front. Curious to know how much is different for future reference.

Never knew certain models came with an extra strut brace :unsure: may have to add that to my list, then again surely a front brace would increase oversteer?

Never knew certain models came with an extra strut brace :unsure: may have to add that to my list, then again surely a front brace would increase oversteer?

No idea. I was just doing the plenum drains just after he bought it and had a bit of a job getting the battery out due to the brace obscuring access. Knew it was easier on mine so went back to check and mine definitely doesn't have the mounts welded onto the struts. It handles really well compared to my SE. Really stable although the Sport seats are also much better which probably adds to the appeal.

My 2.5tdi sport has a strut brace front. I think all the rear anti roll bars are the same apart from s4. Same on the front anti roll bar. However I fitted a b7 rs4 rear antirollbar

Wow that looks exactly like my my car but with different wheels, it'll either be the 20mm down sports suspension or a previous owner has fitted eibach springs.

I'd say sport suspension, looks low enough to be and raking slightly.
Dampers should be red with black springs if sport set up.

Previous owners have definitely not modified it. Bought it off a doctor, I am sure of it. Ideally I want 18" alloys on it and a remap. That's it.

Get RS6's, don't park near mine though else I'll be walking up thinking my keys are broke haha.

Neighbour reckons it's sport too.

Be interested in seeing an a4 with SE set up and another with the sports setup so I can compare.

SE looks allot higher (I should know mine came with it haha) here's an example off google

24885091_1.jpg

If you want 100% confirmation pm me your reg and I'll find full info.