Sidelight bulb holder needed

Paul_TDi

Reaction score
Sorry to put it in here, but thought was my best chance at a response.

Had my headlights out today to do prep work for fitting HIDS and discovered one of the sidelight bulb holder has had both lugs torn off it.

Just wondering if anyone has a dead headlight knocking about they can cut out the holder with a generous amount of wire for me to solder it into mine.

Thanks muchly.

You don't need to solder nothing. Very easy to get the connector off. Just push the pin with a needle and it comes off.

Now its just the matter of finding somebody who has those holders.

lol you got me all excited then, thinking you had one.

Cheers, I half thought I could do that but figured bit of extra wire encase of soldering never hurt anyone haha

Nice one, thanks very much.

Will give Audi a buzz. Didn't even realise they would supply something like that separately.

Strange, when I google that part number the part looks nothing like the part thats in the headlight.

In the headlight it has a tab on either side that you squeeze in to release the holder.

That is the part as Audi redesigned it to be better to grip when pulling it and also strengthened the tabs.

If after an original style one then a car breakers will be your best option and a lot cheaper if not free :)

sidelight.png

Spoke to my local audi and they didn't have one, so tried the local VW and they didn't either but quoted me just under 6 quid!

Got my trusty garage to get me one through TPS in the end, 4 something plus VAT. Will post up my bill for it tomorrow.

Strange that it's an "updated part" as my 2002 A3 had this new type fitment but my 2003 A4 has the older ones?

Might have been replaced before you got it and the 2003 just happened to have lasted. I think they were updated about 2005 as most of the VW group range use this design now.

My A3 hadn't been tampered with as far as I know.

I couldn't just slide the pins out as the new ones don't show the clip on the outside . I was about to slide out the old ones easy enough so cut and shut with a bit of solder in the end.

£5.82 for the pleasure.

Maybe it was a design which was used on the A3 and then release to the whole range as the replacement