Wheel fitment problems....someone help!

nick1990

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
So I was gunna order a set if wheels that are 18x8.5 et35 and run them on 224/30/zr18 tires but I got some people telling me it'll be fine and other telling me that it'll rub even if I roll my fenders....so if anyone's for pics or any other information for me that'd be greatly appreciated

Whoever said that would rub was an idiot, rolling will definitely not be required unless you're crazy low.

I mean i am pretty damn low coilovers are maxed out but idc if I gotta roll the fenders just as long as I know I won't rub after that

Ah ok no idea in that case haha does your current wheel/tyre combo rub? If not what are you running? Hard to judge until it's all done and dusted really but would assume with the lowest of low's fender rolling will be required.

Yea my winter setup is on now but I had a set of 18x8 et46 with 225/40/zr18 and they tucked everyone's telling me that 18x8.5 et35 should be flush with the fender arch

Should be fine in that case (key word being SHOULD haha), 10mm more clearance (et45 - et35) just depends if the wider wheels create a tyre stretch too large so the tyre to touches the arch or if your car is so low that it goes over the alloy and could potentially touch the wider wheel... Only way to really find out is experience :shrug:.

Yea I'm just being stubborn I want it to work with he 225/40/18 tires but if I have to do a bigger stretch to make it for ill run 215/35/18 that's a lay resort though cuz that'll be a big stretch

Lol yea exactly the 225/40/18 is ideal a good amount I stretch but still safe, we'll find out if it works this upcoming season

I'm in the same situation bud I've got 19" though and I have 10mm spacers to fit so itl take my et to 35 ish as my rims are et 46 and 8.5 wide . Im gona need to run stretch as mine currently catch on turning slightly but im stuck on how much stretch I need now lol .

I figured it out my buddy actually ended going through all this already the 225/40 tires rubbed alittle bit even with rolled fenders he had to get 215/35 tires and now he's golden

Note to everyone, say NO to stretch!!!

It’s not good for tyres, your speed measurement and most importantly your safety.

I would not be surprised if some insurance companies would not pay out in the event of an accident if they discovered extreme tyre stretch outside of manufacturers tolerances.

Sorry to be a killjoy, but it's not safe.

Note to everyone, say NO to stretch!!!

It’s not good for tyres, your speed measurement and most importantly your safety.

I would not be surprised if some insurance companies would not pay out in the event of an accident if they discovered extreme tyre stretch outside of manufacturers tolerances.

Sorry to be a killjoy, but it's not safe.

I second this I've been fitting and working within the wheel and tyre industry for around 12/13 years. Extreme stretch isn't safe, now my car is lower than standard due to it being an s line but I run a 9.5x19 rear with 265/30-19 rear and I have no catching/fouling even under load. If I where in your shoes I'd run the 225/40/18 and look to having 3mm shaved from the back pad of the wheels taking you to 8.5x18 et 38 don't sound much but will make a ruck of difference