Noisy Fuel Filter....

T0m

Reaction score
....guys I changed my fuel filter the weekend and the new one seems really noisy and I've had a few instances this weekend where its taken the car a while start, funny that when you change something and it appears to cause other issues anyone else had this?

I did make sure all the leads were connected to the right inlet/outlet and only thing I can think of is that it appears on an adhoc basis that maybe the pump is not engaging when the ignition is turned as a few times today I have not heard the pump priming and pulling the fuel through the filter.

Ive also had issues with warning lights for my brake and hydraulic fluids coming on which people say may be the battery on the way out Im just wondering if these all maybe signs of that as other than that the car starts drives fine and all the fluids are topped up ok...to be fair I think the battery is the original one and is approaching 10 years old so it probably is time for a new one just want to try and stretch it out to after Xmas if I can.....

you might have a bit of trapped air in the fuel filter although it should bleed itself!

Was there a seal on the new filter? Where the plastic connector presses down and held in by a clip? Could be a noise of drawing in air if it's not seated/sealed properly.

Was there a seal on the new filter? Where the plastic connector presses down and held in by a clip? Could be a noise of drawing in air if it's not seated/sealed properly.

There was caps on the new filter, didn't see any seals! I just used those to stop the fuel leaking out of the old one and as for air trapped could be just sometimes when I start my car I cannot hear the fuel pump arming so it says to me that the fuels not being pulled through the system?!

Ive only had the issue since I replaced my filter though!

Bit the bullet and ordered me a new battery to see if that solves my issue however I don't think that's going to stop the noise issue random!

Just driven it, does feel like air is getting in noise wise but I checked all the connectors earlier, think I'm going to have to disconnect them and put back see if that clears it!

...oh as well as stick this new battery on :) not that I think that's the issue!

Well people it was a dodgy fuel filter!

It was like a high pitched squeeling/as if air was being sucked through like the connectors weren't connecting properly!

Only bought it Friday went to gsf to get a replacement took the other one back to the car spares company my mum works for!

True you pay for what you get I suppose, mind you I think it was just a dodgy filter full stop my car seems faster now, I'd recommend anyone out there to change there's sod this designed for life lark!