What impact does ...

Mikebabs1

Reaction score
... disconnecting the battery have?

I haven't actually disconnected mine, but it did completely die due to my son leaving the interior light on. The only thing I've noticed so far since recharging it is that the windows no longer open/close when holding down the unlock/lock buttons on the remote.

Is there anything else that could have been affected? How do I get the auto window thing working again, is it a vagcom jobby?

Cheers

Mike

I found the windows eventually sort themselves out if you manually open and close them a few times with the engine running. There is a reset procedure that I did when I had my drivers window replaced (after some toerag smashed it and stole my road angel), but I can't remember what it was. You're probably having to hold down the buttons in the car to get the windows to go all the way up/down as well, rather than the one touch usually needed.
I don't think it is a VAGCOM thing, just the car calibrating itself.

The car should remember that, I have disconnected my battery a few times and the only thing I have to do is re enter the radio code.

Even the climate control remembers your last temp setting

Mine do the window thing when the battery has been disconnected but after the car has been running for a while it goes back to normal one touch mode.

I think the car does this when there is not enough charge in the battery and after a small run it will be back to normal.