Failed MOT today

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Libby failed her MOT today. O/S/F lower, rear control arm. That's all.

The garage initially quoted to supply a 'Turning Circle' branded arm for £78.93. I refused and told them to find a Lemforder or Meyle HD arm. Tomorrow they are having a Lemforder arm delivered for £91 all in.

So sub £200 which inlcudes MOT price and supply & fit.

Not too bad for 162k miles and 11 years old in my opinion.

Luckily I had just acquired a old MK3 Golf 1.9TDi (Christine) for pennies, so can still run around until we get Libby back.

Reactions: ScottD3
I like cars with names :rolleyes: adds personality. Good job keeping her on the road and getting decent replacement parts.

Reactions: S4_dan and ScottD3
That's really good.
And you're fitting decent arms aswell.

I'm shocked every year when I MOT Audrey.
This year she failed on 2 tyres and a bulb with no advisories, the last two MOTs she passed with out any advisories or anything.
I well impressed.
14 years old and 155k, these cars do very well. :thumbsup:

Reactions: S4_dan
Back today at 3pm all MOT'd and valeted. £188 all in inc mot. Fair price I think. :)

I had a 2.8 B5 and took an age to find decent arms, full set. So wasn't going to be cheap with this B6 as need to keep her for a long time.

Libby came from the reg digits.....LBE. the Golf is Christine 'cos she has a mind of her own but not as evil as the real Christine....or at least she isn't yet!!

Reactions: spartacus 68 and BRILLO
Pass, I'm not sure. I know the rear springs have been changed two years ago as there is an invoice here. Other than that, I don't know.

The shocks aren't cheap to replace. Rear springs can break (normally lose an inch or so in ride height), so will have been replaced as a pair.

I'm replacing the same arm on mine as it has a little play in it

along with a wheel bearing on the other side!! all to go with the new disc's and pads I have just fitted! which will accompany the newly rebuild rear calipers when I get round to doing them!!

oh and two new tyres and tracking to be done too!!

yes I ****** hate MOT time too!!

it only failed on one brake pad but the rest was advisories! its the worst its ever been to be honest and at over 250k not bad really!!

the arm I have just got is from eurocarparts a TRW which are pretty good I have used them before with no problems £75 in a sale RRP is over £100